Director of Software Engineering
Onsite Work Only: Franklin, TN - Flex Hours Options Available
Relocation Assistance Available
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Software Engineering to lead our software development team within Ramsey Trusted and drive the strategic direction of our technology initiatives. The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader with a proven track record of hands-on coding experience, team leadership, and effective communication with stakeholders. As the Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for leading a group of leaders and ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality software products that align with our business objectives.
What Winning Looks Like:
- Lead a team of leaders and individual contributors, fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous innovation, where each individual has the opportunity and tools to succeed.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and support to individual team leaders to enhance their leadership skills and ensure optimal team performance.
- Utilize your prior hands-on coding experience to contribute to the development of technical strategies and roadmaps that align with business goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to define software development priorities, project timelines, and resource allocation.
- Leverage your technical expertise to make informed decisions on architecture, design patterns, strategic direction for tech/tech stack choices
- Participate in stakeholder meetings, providing insights and technical expertise to ensure alignment between engineering efforts and overall business strategy.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business unit budgets, including concepts such as run rate, ROI, and P&L, to effectively manage and optimize resources.
Skills Needed to Win:
- 5 + years of prior hands-on coding experience in software development, with a deep understanding of coding principles and trends/best practices.
- 2+ years of proven leadership experience, having managed teams of at least five people, with a focus on building cohesive and high-performing engineering teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of effectively collaborating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with business processes and stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Understanding of run rate, ROI, and P&L, to make informed decisions regarding resource allocation and project prioritization.
- Exceptional coaching abilities and a track record of developing and mentoring team members to achieve their full potential.
- A strategic mindset with the ability to leverage technical expertise to set the direction for software development initiatives.
$116,000 - $170,000/year* + profit sharing + benefits
*Range depends on level of skill and overall experience
It's a calling, and we're on a mission to change lives. Join the crusade! Apply now.
EOE, including disability/vets