Director of Sales, National Providers
WHO WE NEED
Ramsey Solutions is seeking a dynamic and results-driven Director of Sales to lead our National Providers division in a player-coach capacity. This unique opportunity allows you to combine your leadership acumen with your sales expertise as you guide our RamseyTrusted National Providers team. As a cornerstone of the Ramsey Network, the 2nd largest nationally syndicated radio program in the U.S., and with the Ramsey Show Podcast achieving a remarkable milestone of over 1 billion downloads, we remain committed to our mission of providing biblically based, common-sense education and empowerment that instills hope in individuals across all walks of life.
The Director of Sales will be instrumental in shaping the sales strategy and direction while actively engaging in the sales process. Ramsey Solutions is seeking an individual who not only understands the essence of Ramsey's transformative education but also recognizes our responsibility to curate partnerships that genuinely serve our audience and their families. In this capacity, the Director of Sales will not only lead a team of Account Executives but also directly participate in identifying and recommending partners that align with Ramsey Network's criteria.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record of leadership within a sales-driven environment. With a deep-seated passion for the rapidly evolving Podcast industry, he/she will serve as a trailblazer who sets the pace for the team with a passion to engage audiences through great content. With a background scaling sales organization, ideally at an entertainment company or digital brand, the Director of Sales will have a passion for selling advertising/media solutions to successfully grow and scale Ramsey Network’s revenues. He/She should bring an expansive network of relationships in the digital audio and media landscape and a consultative approach and deep understanding of the podcasting domain to guide strategic decisions.
If you're ready to embrace a player-coach role, steering our National Sales division to new heights while upholding the values that define Ramsey Solutions, we invite you to join us as our Director of Sales.
What Winning LOOKS LIKE
The Director of Sales will:
- Coaching: Work side-by-side with the account executives throughout the sales process, helping to grow their skillset.
- Strategic Partnership Development: Identify and cultivate strategic advertising partnerships with businesses that align with our commitment to serving our audience exceptionally.
- Proactive Partner Onboarding: Take a proactive approach in identifying, evaluating, and welcoming new advertising and recommended partners to expand our network.
- Client Relationship Management: Foster and nurture key client and agency relationships, establishing a foundation of trust and ensuring the consistent delivery of high-quality services.
- Sales Leadership: Lead and guide sales calls and meetings to uncover client needs, skillfully negotiate contracts, and successfully close new business proposals.
- Pipeline Development: Continuously enhance the quality and quantity of sales opportunities to achieve revenue goals, maintaining a well-monitored funnel with regular updates.
- Project Coordination: Collaborate with internal teams to manage client projects, ensuring adherence to timelines, seamless communication, optimal resource allocation, and timely deliverables.
- Revenue Achievement: Drive revenue attainment for the Ramsey Show and all platforms of distribution, demonstrating strategic insight into revenue growth.
- Proposal Management: Create comprehensive quotes and proposals for new projects, construct accurate project budgets, and define clear statements of work.
- Client Expansion: Cultivate opportunities within existing client relationships while actively prospecting new clients. Play a pivotal role in crafting and delivering compelling presentations.
- Relationship Cultivation: Build enduring, consultative relationships both within the organization and externally, fostering an environment of trust, respect, and tangible results.
- Alignment with Values: Ensure that the fundamental values and purpose of the company are prominently reflected in every aspect of our endeavors.
FUNCTIONAL EXPERIENCES, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and professional experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive sales experience with a proven history of meeting and exceeding sales goals and driving YOY growth and a demonstrated track record in closing new business; advertising and/or media sales history is preferred.
- Strong understanding of the digital media marketplace, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales.
- Excellent leadership skills, with experience leading cross-functional teams and managing direct reports.
- Confidence pitching and closing business to senior-level executives and clients.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to consultatively sell, present effectively and close deals.
- Ability to build, manage and close a pipeline of prospects, and proven track record of exceeding goals.
- An individual with exceptional presence, emotional maturity, and a proven track record of delivering results.
- Always in tune with the “pulse” or the organization; a demonstrated track record of influencing, listening, building trust, and affecting change.
- Collaborative business partner. Ability to build strong, open working relationships characterized by mutual respect.
- Bold, humble, self-aware, smart, and confident servant leader who seeks the betterment of the team and organization at large versus themselves.
EOE, including disability/vets