Copy Editor 2, Long Form Focus
On-Site Work Only: Franklin, TN
Flex Schedules Available
Attention, grammar geeks! We’re looking for a highly skilled, detail-obsessed Copy Editor 2 with a great attitude and ridiculously high work ethic. Is that you? Ideally, this is an editor with experience editing all types of content but who specializes in articles and other long-form content. We’re not looking for a writer who can edit. We’re looking for a copy editor who loves editing copy—period.
Product You’ll Focus On: Articles and long-form copy, as well as other content that goes out of the company, like event workbooks, emails and paid social media ads
Team You’ll Grow With: 50-person content team that includes 10 copy editors and over 40 writers and content marketers
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure every written piece is edited and promptly returned to the original writer for finalization
- Serve as fact-checker to verify the accuracy of statistics, Scripture references, names, dates, phone numbers, addresses, URLs, etc. in every written piece
- Make sure all written content is in line with Ramsey Solutions’ message, statistics, tone and voice and help with the ongoing development of content and guidelines
- Start to build authority and trust and contribute strategically to your business unit
- Learn to mentor and review editors with less experience and collaborate with other copy editors to create standards for the editing team
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of professional copy editing experience, preferably in long-form content (i.e., not just editing your college roommate’s papers)
- Expertise in the AP Stylebook and Chicago Manual of Style and the ability to adapt to in-house style guides
- Proficiency in editing electronically with Microsoft Word’s track changes feature (familiarity with Adobe InCopy is a plus)
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work with writers, marketers, content marketers and team leaders
- An open mind and teachable spirit—we don’t edit like other companies, so sometimes we break the rules (but you have to know the rules to break them)
We’re on a mission to change lives. Join the crusade! Apply now.
Are you an experienced copy editor who isn’t ready to apply but is interested in hearing more? Click here to request an informal virtual coffee meeting with one of our copy editors!
EOE, including disability/vets