Provides technical and administrative assistance in the purchasing department, including purchase order processing, delivery arrangement, records and report maintenance, and customer service.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare and process purchase requisitions.
• Receive orders into SAGE for payment.
• Assist departments in finding products and services at best pricing.
• Maintains purchasing records as required, ensures proper procedures followed.
• Communicates with and assists vendors, works cooperatively with zoo staff.
• Accept Warehouse deliveries.
• Assist with Cycle Counts and Year End Inventory Counts.
• Pull products from Inventory for Employees as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• 1-2 years of purchasing experience or equivalent.
• Must be very proficient, quick, and comfortable with basic computer programs such as Excel, Word.
• Knowledge of product and service purchasing policies and practices.
• Experience with automated purchasing system desired.
• Must be flexible, self-motivated and a team player.
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
• Must be able to establish and maintain an effective rapport with all levels of management and employees.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Must have good observational skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and resolve discrepancies in a reasonable amount of time.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions and percentages to practical situations.
• Good organizational skills, Close attention to detail is essential.
• Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull, bend and lift/carry 50lbs.