Park Services Custodial Representative
Performs grounds, buildings, guest service and other multi-skilled custodial work including trash cleanup and recycling. Responsible for ensuring high quality cleanliness standards in guest areas. Custodians frequently engage in guest interactions, including impromptu conversations, communicating efficiently and correctly while maintaining outstanding customer service. Duties are performed outdoors.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures that guests receive outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
• Ensures restrooms, indoor areas, meetings spaces are clean and welcoming to the guests.
• Ensures park pathways, sidewalks and roadways are clean and litter free.
• Correctly and efficiently cleans assigned areas including windows, toilets, sinks, and floors.
• Perform maintenance and custodial tasks without immediate supervision.
• Correctly operates equipment for desired results.
• Provide Zoo and animal information including show times, keeper talks, way finding directions, etc.
• Assists guests, manages crowds, customer activities for overall safety and pleasant experiences for guests.
• Maintain an orderly appearance in work and storage areas.
• Observes safety, animal care and guest service guidelines when performing duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and associates.
• Must be flexible, reliable and a self-motivated team player.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Must be able to operate all necessary equipment to perform the job.
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Must be able to walk, stand for extended time, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and ladders and carry up to 30lbs.
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays and some evenings.
• Must be able to actively work in inclement weather.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and independently to achieve positive results.
• Ability to demonstrate a welcoming and cooperative demeanor toward guests, staff, and volunteers.
Examples of Essential Functions
• Ability to stand in one location for extended periods of time.
• Ability to twist, bend and lean to clean areas.
• Ability to move about work area as needed including moving about quickly to assist a guest.
• Ability to view computerized screen or electronic information.
• Possess manual dexterity to operate spray bottles, brooms, keys. Ability to grasp paper pieces, cups, plastic bags. Operate switches, turn knobs, and press buttons.
• Possess physical strength and ability to push mop buckets, lift bags of garbage and cases of paper products, reach above shoulders, climb step ladder.
• Possess physical strength to clean work areas with broom, mop, duster, and window washing equipment.
• Possess physical strength to open and close doors and manual gates, maneuver latches. Ability to push 30 lbs.
• Ability to speak clearly and effectively on communication devices.
• Ability to hear and understand and respond to guest and staff requests.
• Ability to perform work in a safe manner.
• May perform duties in adverse weather.
Successful candidates must complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this job and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties to be assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
EOE M/F/D/V. www.dallaszoo.com