Manager of Guest Experiences and Training
The Manager of Guest Experiences and Training will be responsible for providing training for Guest Service Team Members and ensuring all Dallas Zoo representatives (staff, volunteers, and contracted employees) are achieving high service standards through customer-centric training, coaching, and instructive learning. A wide variety of guest service-related duties are performed; including shift supervision for Guest Services staff members, opening/closing attractions, and relief manager coverage as needed. Playing a key role in training staff and analyzing guest feedback data, this position will provide strategies to help the Zoo enhance operations, become more sustainable, cultivate a well-trained work force, and strive to provide Zoo guests the “Best Day Ever”. Duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Researches, develops training material for implementation on Dallas Zoo training platforms for Guest and implements training materials and platforms for all Guest Services sections, including Attractions, Parking, Custodial and Special Events.
• Delivers the zoo-wide Best Day Ever guest engagement training program and recommends enhancements of training material and delivery all Zoo staff.
• Ensures Guest Services staff and volunteers receive training to provide high level customer service on a daily basis with an emphasis on staff and guest safety.
• Observes staff interactions with guests and actively monitors park activity while reinforcing guest service standards and providing daily supervision and feedback.
• Maintains a strong presence at all attractions and operations and suggests improvements to drive efficiency, profitability, and safety.
• Conducts bi-weekly onboarding activities for Guest Services staff to ensure that training is consistent and routinely applied during guest interactions with staff.
• Monitors staffing levels through the coordination of staff activities such as scheduling, planning, and effectively organizing workloads and staff assignments.
• Participates in the opening and closing Guest Services operations and attractions
• Responds directly to guest inquiries, comments, and concerns in a timely manner and elevates concerns to appropriate levels for resolution as needed.
• Collaborates with other Guest Services Managers of Parking Lot, Special Events, and Attractions.
• Uses good judgment to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Prioritizes projects and maintains flexibility to change course of work/projects as circumstances dictate.
• Assists with various park responsibilities when assigned in the absence of other Guest Services management.
• Monitors guest experience data and reports on key guest experience indicators utilizing a variety of tools, including guest survey data, mystery shops, and direct guest feedback.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of five years of experience in a guest services and/or hospitality-related field, including two years minimum in a supervisory or management capacity.
• Experience in a customer facing, guest focused, multi-facet operation such as a zoo, theme park, hotel, or similar environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business administration, public administration, recreation management or a related field is preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking and writing skills are a plus.
• A valid driver’s license is required to drive company vehicles.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to remain calm in emergency situations, gather information and respond appropriately to emergency personnel.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including zoo staff and volunteers.
• Ability to effectively supervise staff and work activities and with minimal oversight.
• Basic computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
• Ability to learn existing point of sale equipment.
• Ability to work flexible shifts, including some weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Ability to work indoors and outdoors with exposure to cold and heat.
• Ability to work as a team member and independently.
• Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull, bend, climb stairs and ladders, and lift/carry 50lbs.