This is an entry level position in Building Maintenance assisting skilled trade workers in repairs and maintenance within the confines of the Dallas Zoo. We have two openings for this position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists with all types of fencing, carpentry, welding, electrical, HVAC, and other types of work involved in the maintenance, upkeep, and repair of Dallas Zoo facilities.
• Cleans and stores tools and equipment.
• Assists other trades and departments as needed.
• Coordinate with external contractors for work performed on-site.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Must have at least two or more years experience and/or knowledge of basic hand tools, power hand tools and equipment. Previous building maintenance or construction experience a plus.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with others.
• Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, pull, bend, climb stairs and ladders, and lift/carry 70lbs.
• Must be able to be work weekends, holidays, nights or evenings as needed.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug screening, background check and TB test.