Program Cost Estimator
Program Cost Estimator
- This role supports individual Program Managers with multiple IT program/software cost estimates through a matrixed CFO organization. These IT programs are typically logistics and transportation systems that are used to plan and execute global transportation missions, and are in various stages of sustainment, modernization, and cloud migration. Familiarity with both traditional waterfall and agile software development practices is key, as well as coordinating costing activities and products with IT program budget analyst/financial manager, engineering, and contracting counterparts. A wide array of cost estimates will be required, to include but not limited to: Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs), Life Cycle Cost Estimates (LCCEs), Economic Analysis (EAs), Business Case Analyses (BCAs), Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) estimates, and Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs).
Ideally the resource will have knowledge, skills and experience in applying cost estimating techniques such as Analogy, Parametrics, Build-Up, Extrapolation from Actuals, and Expert Opinion. Ideally has experience using cost estimating tools such as SEER-SEM and ACE-IT.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- 1-3 years’ experience in program cost estimating.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of the entire suite of Microsoft Office programs (SharePoint, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, One Note, etc.).
- Advanced skills in the use of MS Excel are essential.
- Bachelors’ Degree in a related field.
- A degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ability to work with clients to understand their needs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional presence is required.
- All candidates must be U.S. Citizens and be able to pass a Federal background investigation.
- Experience using DOD cost estimating systems/tools, e.g. ACEIT, SEER-SEM, etc.
- Certified Cost Estimator/Analyst or equivalent recognized certification authority.
- Relevant certifications and training such as Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level 1+, Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM), Project Management, and Lean Six Sigma and similar process improvement techniques are also desired.
- Experience producing cost estimates in both traditional and agile software development environments; commercial versus organic (DoD) development solutions; and efforts to shift program sustainment and development into a Cloud environment are desired.
- A general or integrated perspective and/or experience in DoD acquisition, financial management, and cost analysis is desired.
- Capability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to maintain a positive relationship with customers and other vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to comply with data standards and policies.
- Possess motivation to learn new technologies and methodologies that demonstrate value.
CSCI is an award-winning information technology and financial management consulting firm founded on one simple philosophy: “Do what is right, always.” We apply this philosophy across all elements of our growing business, from delivering world-class services for customers to providing an environment for associates that encourages personal and professional growth. At CSCI, work and fun aren’t diametrically opposed. Our goal is to hire people with proven track records and retain them with an energizing, diverse company culture. We value each associate’s natural drive to excel, and we provide them with the freedom to do things their way. CSCI seeks the best and brightest in the industry; those who are ready to move their lives and career forward. Join us today, and get excited about Mondays again!
Benefits of Working at CSCI
- Competitive Salaries
- 15 Days Paid Time Off (PTO), plus 11 Paid Holidays
- Full Health Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Team Building Events and Employee Parties
CSCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. While all candidates are considered, CSCI encourages the above individuals to apply.
CSCI is committed to helping individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation, please contact CSCI Human Resources for further assistance. For questions regarding the qualifications listed above, please contact the CSCI Talent Acquisition Team.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English | Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish