Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation’s premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
This position will involve the installation of commercial overhead doors.
- Follows instructions from field supervisor regarding installation of overhead doors.
- Works independently and with other installers to install products as assigned and trained
- Responsible for installation of more technically advanced or demanding architectural grade products
- Follows manufacturer direction and warranty requirements when installing products
- Tracks time and materials as required for each installation project
- Maintain all equipment in good working order and report any malfunctions to field supervisor
- Train entry level technicians on proper installation techniques and methods
- Follows all company policies and procedures
- Provides quality customer service
- Attends all training to learn new technology of building materials and installation methods as required by location management
- Other relative duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Some installation experience preferred
- Position will require climbing ladders and use of scissor lifts – must not be afraid of heights
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required; must be 21 years old to drive a company vehicle
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and background check
- Due to job site and Federal contractual requirements, COVID-19 vaccination strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and use a measuring tape, level and other required tools for installation required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Excellent written and verbal skill required with the ability to communicate and understand detailed instructions
- Previous knowledge of welding preferred
Spends more than 2/3 of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching. Spends approximately 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Frequent lifting required of items 25-50 pounds.
May require driving to project sites. May be exposed to variable weather conditions. Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware. Worker is subject to frequent heavy lifting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 336-768-8872 x2 or by sending an email to [email protected]