Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group is the nation’s premier provider of architectural doors and frames, door hardware and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. We provide solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications. With more than forty convenient locations throughout the United States, we are uniquely positioned to provide the best entry and IT solutions for new construction, renovation and upgrade projects. We offer local service with a national presence.
Enterprise network design requires a strong competence of network technology acumen while being able to well articulate the benefits. The ability to meet with technology leaders and speak their language while providing educational guidance and solution selling requires a unique background. To be able to help create solution roadmaps alongside a client takes a curious mind to learn and a polish to be able to present to clients. This role will be integral in suggesting and helping design wireless and wired network solutions throughout the southeast. This role will partner with the sales organization to identify new sales opportunities to present and sell networking engineered solutions. This candidate will travel across the C&B geographical footprint meeting with current clients and prospective clients help find pain points and solutions with their networking needs. The Network Engineer will require a balance of engineer minded philosophy with the human interactive skills to confidently present solutions. The candidate will have relevant experience and credentials to drive new technology solutions for clients.
- Respond to technical inquiries, requests for quotation and sales orders from customers and potential customers
- Be the focal point to guide customers to correct products and their applications
- Initiate and monitor the preparation of quotations, sales orders and return authorizations, acting as the focal point for the customer, and in the company, for the coordination of the developing information its completion
- Interface with the appropriate departments (Sales, Engineering and finance) in order to facilitate a mutual satisfaction for a customer concern
- Possess accurate knowledge of products, applications and pricing policy.
- Ensure all quotations, sales orders, and correspondence are accurate prior to final distribution and filing
- Represents the Company in a professional manner, building customer's confidence in and loyalty to the company
- Advise management of any competitive activity and/or changes in customer attitudes potential new product opportunities
- Participate in customer meetings at the Company or customer site
- Perform booth duties at trade shows as requires
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management, and to increase sales
- Responsible for solution design, business development and transition of projects from presales to delivery
- Design solutions for customers and document the scope of projects
- Assist in driving overall revenue and increase profitability
- Align the business needs of customers and prospects to a technical solution and presenting the solution the customer in terms of business benefits
- Assist account executives in presenting technology updates
- Develop supporting documentation
- Other duties as assigned by management
- At least 5+ years of Network Integration experience
- Strong client engagement and Pre-sales support experience
- Extensive experience with Cisco/Aerohive/HPE Aruba Enterprise Solutions
- Experience working in consulting environments
- Proven experience of successful solution selling
- Excellent client management/resolution, problem solving, debugging/troubleshooting skills are required
- Excellent verbal communications and written documentation skills are required
- Active CCNP certifications OR equivalent experience required
- Additional certs are a plus
- Detailed oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Extensive pre-sales experience in networking
- Provide technical support and consultation to account executives using your expertise of networking
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Due to job site and Federal contractual requirements, COVID-19 vaccination strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job-related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 336-768-8872 x2 or by sending an email to [email protected]