The Regional Operations Manager (ROM) works with regional leadership across all company locations to ensure compliance with established operational procedures, and are tasked with driving continued operational improvement. The area of responsibility includes but is not limited to Shipping/Receiving, Inventory, Operations Training, Open/Close/Relocate facilities, Pricing, and Margin Enhancement. The ROM is also responsible for specific assigned projects and/or initiatives related to Strategic Initiatives and Operational Efficiencies assigned by upper management. At times, the ROM may be required to perform the duties of a Branch Manager in the event of a vacancy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma Required
- 2-4 years of operations related experience with direct supervision of staff required
- 5-10 years of experience in the commercial door and hardware industry required
- Experience using Comsense required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience using Microsoft Office products required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and leadership skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving, self-starter
The Corporate Operations Manager may supervise a select staff and may be responsible for recruiting, facilitating new hires, reviewing employees and is responsible for progressive discipline of all staff that reports to them.
- Responsible for implementation and support for assigned strategic initiatives, such as Pre-Installation and Field Services
- Responsible for ongoing facilitation of above programs which may include travel within the company to educate, train and improve overall efficiencies and productivity in these areas
- Performs pricing reviews and system updates across all product lines for assigned locations.
- Works with the Regional Vice Presidents and Supplier Management team to analyze vendor performance
- Assists in evaluation and purchasing of new equipment
- Maintains high safety standards, assuring that equipment and facility is in good working order and that individual operators are properly trained
- Works to reduce and/or eliminate obsolete or overstock material across the company, summarizing same and preparing inventory reserve analysis on a monthly basis; assists with transfer and/or disposal of inventory when appropriate
- Conducts Physical Inventory as needed to assist branches and assist in reconciliation
- Works with other ROMs and Training team to develop Operational Policies & Procedures
- Performs analysis and reporting in support of Operational KPIs
- Ability to influence others that do not directly report to you
- This position requires overnight travel and may involve extended stays at any of our locations
- Other duties as assigned by the RVP or upper management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware.