Communications Technical Writer
Chevo is hiring a CommunicationsTechnical Writer to join our US Coast Guard team. The successful candidate will work as a member of the engagement team providing the day to day support for a government Communications program. The ideal candidates will have previous experience providing Technical Writing support for government communications initiatives. The location is Washington, DC and is Metro accessible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation and editing of complex technical documents using advanced word processing skills
- Experience in writing technical documents and conveying the information for non-technical audiences
- Interacts with multiple project team members and client personnel at various organizational levels and incorporates technical information gathered
- Supports the development and production of a variety of documents focused on communicating information to a Federal government acquisition community
- Prepares agendas, transcribes meeting notes, tracks necessary information, and creates reports and meeting minutes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience writing and editing technical documents
- Knowledge of AP Styles of writing.
- Experience and expertise in one or more of the following Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Microsoft Publisher or Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and convey information into client deliverables intended for use by non-technical audiences
- Demonstrates knowledge of writing, editing, and style guidelines and printing regulations of the Government Printing Office
- Possesses a great attention to detail and effective time management skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate under minimum supervision where appropriate and understand when to escalate issues to management
- Works well in a team environment
- Interacts with various levels of the project team and client
- Experience interviewing people for data gathering.
Chevo offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid leave, 401K plan with matching, monthly SMARTrip card employer contribution for commuting expenses, tuition assistance and more!
Want to work for a winner of the 2012 through 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval and one of the fastest-growing private companies in America according to the 2011 Inc. 500|5000 list? Then join Chevo!
Chevo Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.