Teaching Assistant - $1,500 Sign on Bonus - Langan School
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are currently offering a $1,500 sign on bonus for our Langan Teaching Assistants joining our team!
We are searching for Teaching Assistants to join our agency.
This position is based out of our Langan School in Albany, NY. Langan School provides educational services for K-12 students from 58 districts in the Capital District region and beyond, serving students who have multiple disabilities, autism, and traumatic brain injuries. Our dedicated team works every day to make sure each student is receiving not only an education optimized for their unique needs, but also full childhood and school experience. We have three ultimate goals for our graduates: independence, community inclusion and self-determination.
- Assist the teacher with activities designed to address student’s needs as outlined on their Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Duties may include preparing classroom materials, direct instruction of students, and custodial care of students.
- High School Diploma/GED required; college credits preferred.
- Will be required to obtain their NYS Teaching Assistant Certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.