Teaching Assistant - Langan School, Albany - $1,500 Sign on Bonus
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 75 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
Teaching Assistant - Langan School, Albany, NY
We are currently offering a $1,500 sign on bonus for Langan Teaching Assistant's joining our team! *See below for details.
We are searching for Teaching Assistants to join our agency working in various areas such as Autism/Crisis, Visually and Hearing impaired classrooms. The successful candidates will be joining the Langan School, centrally located in the city of Albany. The Langan School (a program of the Center for Disability Services) is a private, non-profit school for students with severe disabilities between the ages of 5 and 21. This is a 10 month program, with a mandatory six week summer program
- Assist the teacher with activities designed to address student’s needs as outlined on their Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
- Duties may include preparing classroom materials, direct instruction of students, and custodial care of students.
- High School Diploma/GED required; college credits preferred.
- Will be required to obtain their NYS Teaching Assistant Certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
*Sign on bonus: Eligible for new hires in a full time status (minimum of 30 hours per week). Rehires are not eligible for sign on bonus. Must be in good standing and an active employee at time of payout. Bonus to be paid out incrementally.
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.