Compliance Support Specialist
The Position: The Compliance Support Specialist will support the Director of Compliance in developing and maintaining an effective Compliance Program to monitor the quality and regulatory compliance of CEI with State and Federal regulations. This position reports directly to the Compliance Director
The rate range for the Compliance Support Specialist at Center For Elders Independence is $ 25.98 -
$ 38.99/hr. Wages/salary are based on the market for the Compliance Support Specialist position, as well as experience, skills, abilities and work history
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Compliance Director in the development, initiation, maintenance, and revision of policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Facilitate an effective Healthcare Privacy Program that interacts at all levels of the corporation.
- Complete a preliminary review of incoming regulatory changes for application to CEI maintain a tracking system to intake and record the Compliance department’s response to such changes. Distribute memos to and follow up with appropriate departments.
- Support the Compliance Director and leadership in researching regulations by reviewing regulatory bulletins and other sources of information and drafting summaries.
- Monitor CEI Departmental progress in response to and implementation of regulatory changes.
- Assist the Compliance Director in creating and presenting staff Compliance trainings and presentations at all centers.
- Assist the Compliance Director in responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by updating the Department’s system for uniform handling of such violations and drafting communications when assigned.
- Support the Compliance Director in preparing for and coordinating audits and inspections by external regulatory bodies, including CMS, State, and local authorities.
- Support CEI Departments in implementation of corrective actions plans with guidance from the Compliance Director.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with department Directors and leadership. Provide administrative support at these meetings and monitor CEI Departmental response in implementing follow-up action items.
- When required, schedule and coordinate internal audits of CEI Departments with supervision from the Compliance Director.
- When required, schedule and coordinate audits of CEI’s contracted providers with supervision from the Compliance Director.
- Support other duties as assigned
- BA/BS Preferred
- General knowledge of health plan compliance and operations, specifically familiarity with financial, quality assurance, and human resources procedures and regulations, preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills – word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Experience with planning, facilitating and documenting meetings
- Ability to effectively problem-solve complex issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player in a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary setting
- Well organized
- Strong analytical and research skills.
The above job description is intended to communicate the general function of the mentioned position and by no means shall be considered an exhaustive or complete outline of the specific tasks and functions that will be required. CEI reserves the right to change job descriptions, site assignments, and or work hours as required by the needs of the program. All employees are expected to perform their duties within their ability as required by the job and/or as requested by management.
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Compliance
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.