***Please note: This is a part-time, fully benefited position, 32 hours per week***
Compensation range for the Admissions Nurse role at CEI is $ 38.67/hr. - $ 58.00/hr. Offers based on level of experience/education as it applies to the requirements for the position
****5K SIGN ON BONUS!****
The Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities.
The Position: The Admissions Nurse assesses prospective seniors from the community for eligibility of enrollment into the program. Conducts nursing assessments to determine level of care and documents and submits assessment on DHCS level care tool for State approval. Critically reviews provider assessments and other medical records and histories of potential participants to identify skilled nursing needs and information pertinent to Level of Care (LOC) determination. This position identifies and obtains additional information that may be pertinent but is not in submitted records, to substantiate the seniors’ eligibility for the program. As part of the Sales and Enrollment team, the Admissions Nurse supports the teams’ growth goals with timely assessments and submissions and responsive communication as needed to facilitate enrollments and helps train staff in medical understanding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts nursing assessments of seniors pre-qualified for PACE eligibility to determine skilled nursing level of care for final qualification for eligibility for the program.
- Documents assessment and reviews additional documentation needed to write LOC document for DHCS submission.
- Works with enrollment team to obtain additional documentation or assessments if necessary to establish skilled level of care
- Coordinates with medical staff on clarifying eligibility for the program as needed
- Serves as a liaison between CEl and the level of care nurses at California Department of Healthcare Services (DHCS)
- Maintains level of care enrollment process documentation in appropriate CEI database and medical record
- Participates in outreach activities, including community health education, presentations, and developing relationships with stakeholders in targeted communities as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Nursing
- Current California RN license required
- Minimum 1- year Geriatric experience (ex. Acute Care, Skilled Nursing,Clinic) working with the frail and elderly (Required)
- Familiarity with nursing home level of care eligibility (highly desired)
- Ability to interpret and write medical documentation to describe care needs
- Ability to write narrative language to describe care needs
- Attention to detail and able to work independently to completed required work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Current BLS/CPR certification. (Required)
- Bi -lingual (highly desired)
The above job description is intended to communicate the general function of the mentioned position and by no means shall be considered an exhaustive or complete outline of the specific tasks and functions that will be required. CEI reserves the right to change job descriptions, site assignments, and or work hours as required by the needs of the program. All employees are expected to perform their duties within their ability as required by the job and/or as requested by management.
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.