The Position: Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Clinical Services, the Referral Coordinator provides a single point of contact supporting providers in all clinics with the scheduling of outside specialist referrals. The role requires detailed and accurate data entry into various computer systems accompanied by all necessary internal and external communication such as coordinating with outside vendors/specialist offices, other CEI departments and facilitating transportation to assure an efficient, appropriate and timely outside provider visit.
Compensation range for the Referral Coordinator role at CEI is $ 20.98 hr to $ 31.47/hr. Offers based on level of experience/education as it applies to the requirements for the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives referral and/or external appointment requests and arranges for external appointments in coordination with participant/family and other disciplines as needed.
- Collaborates with outside specialist/vendor offices to secure appropriate appointment date/time and facilitate sending of requested information.
- Collaborates with Contracts department to maintain knowledge of CEI contracted provider network.
- Documents appointment date/time in appropriate CEI computer programs.
- Maintains data on outside referral appointments via documenting and tracking referral in the electronic medical record and related systems.
- Collaborates with Health Information Coordinator (HIC) to assure clinical information is available and delivered to outside provider as requested.
- Collaborates with clinic, day center and transportation to facilitate safe, successful appointment (transportation, escort, interpreter as needed).
- Utilizes finance system to obtain referral authorization number, enters into referral and alerts vendor to utilize number on invoice.
- Follows all agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in meetings as assigned.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results and information about participants, clients or families.
- Maintains a courteous, helpful and professional attitude on the job. Displays a willingness and ability to be responsive in a warm and caring manner to all customer groups.
- Maintains a safe working environment by following agency safety policies and procedures and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Complies with all agency training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned in a positive and helpful manner.
- Associate of Arts degree preferred
- Two years experience in a clerical capacity, clinical setting preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology including the ability to use correctly and spell a wide variety of medical terms; completion of medical terminology course preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and work with deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service oriented with friendly, courteous communication style in person and on the phone.
- Experience with electronic health records, data entry and MS Office systems preferred.
- Detail oriented, high degree of work accuracy.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and inter-disciplinary setting.
The above job description is intended to communicate the general function of the mentioned position and by no means shall be considered an exhaustive or complete outline of the specific tasks and functions that will be required. CEI reserves the right to change job descriptions, site assignments, and or work hours as required by the needs of the program. All employees are expected to perform their duties within their ability as required by the job and/or as requested by management.
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.