Director, Product Management
Are you an innovative person that is great at solving problems, connecting dots and working with business leaders to achieve results? Do you have a background and passion for product management? If so, consider applying for the role of Director, Product Management at CARFAX Canada.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, own or sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters supports North American product development, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, CARFAX products enable used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of IHS Markit, (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions. Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
Located at CARFAX Canada's London Ontario location, the Director, Product Management is a critical senior team member responsible for leading new product strategy and execution across multiple customer groups. This individual will provide leadership and focus in defining, launching and managing new CARFAX Canada products and lead innovation for existing in-market offerings.
Reporting to the VP, Product Management, this role is inherently cross-functional. The Director, Product Management will lead cross functional efforts that include product development, product marketing, business development, data acquisition, technology, and sales.
Areas of responsibility include end-to-end business-oriented product management around the core pillars of research, build, commercialize, and enhance.
Ultimately, the Director, Product Management will deliver scaled products into the market that meet CARFAX Canada's financial and strategic targets.
Specific activities include: customer and market research, competitive assessments, business case creation, product requirements, working with Development on product build and working with Marketing/Sales on product commercialization, product enhancements and management.
The Director, Product Management will:
- Own and drive the product strategy, roadmap, and execution across multiple products and customer verticals
- Perform in-depth customer and market research to identify industry pain points and solutions
- Drive strategy by prioritizing top ideas and developing compelling business plans to pursue
- Champion the product through presentations with various audiences
- Work with the Development team in building the 'right' product, researching and prioritizing feature requests to ensure product success
- Work with the Sales/Marketing teams to plan and execute a best-in-class commercialization plan to ensure successful product launches
- Support business leaders and stakeholders in the evaluation of new product opportunities and innovation
- Lead and manage a team of Product Managers in the development of new product iterations in an Agile environment
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with a strong ability to learn quickly, who is ready to step into a dynamic and important role with corporate level visibility. CARFAX Canada is seeking an aspirational Product leader that has the vision to be the ‘CEO’ of a product suite and lead others in that vision.
Education and Experience Required:
- 8+ years of product management experience developing and launching digital products, ideally involving data analytics and information-based products
- Experience working at a dealership or launching products into the automotive sector is an asset
- Prior experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably present results to senior and executive management as required
- Self-motivated with strong ability to learn
- Experience managing and leading Product Managers, both locally and remote
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Pragmatic marketing experience or certification an asset
- Project management experience or PMI education/certification an asset
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonus, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Not exactly the position you were looking for, but still want to join our awesome team? Visit our careers page to learn more about us and to see our other job openings!