Are you an experienced full stack developer who loves working on revolutionary projects? Do you enjoy working with large databases? How about collaborative problem solving? If you answered yes to these questions – we want you on our team!
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, own or sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters supports North American product development, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, CARFAX products enable used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of IHS Markit, (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions. Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce an opening for a Senior Developer to work with us in an agile framework. Reporting to a Development Manager, we are expanding our product offerings and will need a creative, experienced Senior Developer to help take us there.
You are a full stack computer science specialist with a minimum of 5 years of programming experience under your belt, and a proven ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical team members. Your code writing is clean and can be easily consumed, and enhanced, by other team members. You are project and end-results focused, as well as motivated to solve challenging problems by applying innovative and collaboratively built solutions. This is an excellent opportunity for an extremely detail-oriented, creative, and organized candidate to excel.
- Design and develop API’s, websites and applications in an agile environment using knowledge of SQL, C#, Java, etc.
- Develop reusable and consumable API’s to create new, or enhance existing products
- Continually research new tools and technology, and make recommendations to improve current processes
- Create documentation and implement code standards using best practices for our services
- Mentor Co-op, Junior, and Intermediate Developers to strengthen the team
- Be responsible for implementing application architectural best practices when beginning new projects with the team and understand the functional architecture of our systems
- Lead and participate in code reviews
- Develop unit tests and integration tests
- Participate in sprint planning with team members
- Communicate and facilitate product releases
- Problem solve errors raised by the Support team
- Facilitate deployments using automated build and release tools
- Lead EPIC’s and features being the technological Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Lead stories from start to end (stories, meeting, sharing of knowledge/requirements)
Education and experience required:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or information sciences
- Minimum of 5+ years of programming experience
- Experience with jQuery, CSS, mobile application development, responsive design, RESTful web services, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Jira, automated testing and deployment
- Knowledge of Azure, micro service architecture, dependency injection, and solid design principles and patterns are considered assets
- Excellent time management
- Strong ability to multitask and handle change
- Sharp attention to detail
- Proven communication skills with technical and non-technical team members
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Collaborative and innovative problem analysis and problem solving
- Great team player with ability to work alone without micro-management
CARFAX’s Canadian headquarters are located in London, Ontario at the historical landmark 100 Kellogg Lane. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonus, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives, social events and a 4-day work week in the summer.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website: carfax.ca/careers. Applications will be accepted until April 9, 2021. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Not exactly the position you were looking for, but still want to join our awesome team? Visit our careers page to learn more about us and to see our other job openings!