Join our WINNING team as a UX/UI Designer
Do you want to design websites and apps that will change the way people buy, sell and own their cars? Do you want to be part of a rapidly grown in-house design team in a brand new position? At CARFAX we’ve been creating revolutionary products for more than 30 years. We’re looking for someone to join our team with a passion for creating a consistent, engaging, and delightful experience for our portfolio of websites and mobile app offerings. We seek an inspiring Mobile Web/User Experience (UX) Designer with proven expertise in blending user-centered design methodologies and flawless execution to create digital experiences that are intuitive and delightful to use.
Based at our Centreville, VA campus, this position will be responsible for helping create our strategic vision and will work with product and marketing managers to develop user flows and wireframes and turn them into stunning visuals. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, desire to be part of a dynamic creative team, this may be the perfect job for you. This position will report to the Director of User Experience and Design, interact with all departments, and work closely with the senior leadership of CARFAX.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Everyone on Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling their car. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a “Best Place to Work” in both our Virginia and Missouri locations.
As a UX/UI Designer you will be:
- Collaborating with product and marketing managers and developers across the business to develop user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and final designs that meet the business objectives of the organization, advances our brand strategy and reflects best practices.
- Developing, maintaining and evolving all guidelines and processes for our digital properties.
- Presenting and communicating design solutions to stakeholders and product owners
- Participating and collaborating in all facets of a user centered design process (Strategy, Research, Design and Testing)
- 3-5 years of experience designing mobile and web interfaces
- Experience designing native apps for iOS and Android Devices
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Experience designing for large consumer based websites and applications
- Proficient in using design tools such as the Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite
- A strong portfolio of UX/UI work samples
*Please Note: an online portfolio is required for consideration.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.