iOS Mobile Developer
Join our elite IT team as an iOS Mobile Developer
As an iOS Mobile Developer you will be a part of the Consumer Product Services team. This team has full responsibility for our consumer-facing online presence, and that is a very big deal. At CARFAX, we create native apps and web sites for our consumers that incorporate tools and products to assist them in buying and selling cars. The Consumer Product Services team is an elite group of tech savvy individuals who work together every day to deliver quality products that bring value to our customers. This fast-paced environment keeps our tech stack evolving so we are able to seamlessly support the hundreds of products that make CARFAX the leader in trusted vehicle history information.
The Tech Culture at CARFAX
Having a creative and innovative environment where our developers can collaborate, learn and grow is something CARFAX is passionate about! We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software you’ll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thon’s or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on Xbox when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? CARFAX is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you don’t have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys!
A typical day will have you:
- Working in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Collaborating with other developers, front-end designers and internal customers on a daily basis
- Promoting great software design and quality
- Innovating new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Improving existing architecture and code and making it better
Skills You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Experience with Swift
- Proven app development with modern techniques for iOS
- Solid understanding of MVC / MVVM paradigms and Cocoa Touch design patterns
- Passion for writing code that is clearly organized, well documented, and efficient
- Experience working with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Good sense of UI design and a user-oriented focus
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Test Driven Development
Stuff that’s also good to know:
- Strong UI/design skill experience
- Experience with Photoshop and or Sketch
- Core Data
- Push Notification Experience
- Reactive Programming such as RxSwift
- Be able to read Java / Java Web Frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring MVC)
- Jenkins, Continuous Integration, FastlaneAbout CARFAX
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching, into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.