Join our elite IT team as a Full Stack Developer
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be a part of the Product Services team. At CARFAX, we create products for our consumers and dealers to assist them in buying and selling cars. The Product Services team is an elite group of tech savvy individuals who work together every day to deliver quality products that bring value to our customers. This fast-paced environment keeps our tech stack evolving so we are able to seamlessly support the hundreds of products that make CARFAX the leader in trusted vehicle history information.
The Tech Culture at CARFAX
Having a creative and innovative environment where our developers can collaborate, learn and grow is something CARFAX is passionate about. We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software you’ll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thon’s or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on x-box when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? CARFAX is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you don’t have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys!
A typical day will have you:
- Working in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Collaborating closely with other developers, front-end designers, stakeholders and internal customers
- Promoting great software design and quality
- Innovating new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
You’ll need to:
- Be vocal! We believe in the wisdom of crowds and your input is needed and valued!
- Be flexible! We love to change it up by using different technologies and need you to be open to new and different!
- Love to learn! To get the greatest solutions we need to continually explore what’s new and be willing to dive in and learn.
- 2+ years of professional development experience
- Object oriented experience
- Experience building web services using REST or GraphQL
- Experience with MVC frameworks
What we use on the job:
- REST and GraphQL
- Node.js and Spring Boot/Spring MVC
- React, Webpack, Redux, MobX
- MySql, DynamoDB, Oracle
- Spock, Junit, Jest
- RabbitMQ, AWS SQS
- AWS platform
- Messaging platforms like RabbitMQ
- Testing frameworks
- Agile software development including Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Git version control system
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.