Full Stack Developer
Join the Data Technologies Team as a Full Stack Developer
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Even today, while working remotely, temporarily due to COVID-19, our culture is strong and our team is
As a Full Stack Developer on one of our core Data Technologies teams, you will work collaboratively with a team of software and data engineers to design, build and scale our record-breaking vehicle used car listing solutions that provide customers with high value-based search results for their buying experience. As the fastest growing car listing site, you will leverage the latest technologies and tools to maintain a very high performing solution that enriches the quality of information delivered to consumers across the globe.As a Full Stack Developer you will:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, architects, cloud engineers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- HTML5, CSS3
- Object oriented experience with languages such as Java, Golang, Python or C#; we primarily use Java
- Experience building web services using REST or GraphQL
- Relational and NoSql database systems such as MySql, Mongo, Hadoop or Elasticsearch
- Experience with DevOps in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.