Software Development Manager
Join our Winning Team as a Software Development Manager
The Software Development Manager will be a member of our Data Technology management team reporting to the Director of Data Technologies – Canada. The Data Technology Team supports the CARFAX mission by building intelligent frameworks and big data capabilities for products and analytics. When the company has difficult data problems that it needs to solve, our department leads the way by harnessing revolutionary tools and innovative thinking. From modernizing legacy processes to crafting original backend systems, we use our substantial experience, balanced with the ambition to continuously learn, to bring forward thinking products to fruition. We are devoted to working smarter by cutting through the nonsense and getting stuff done. If you are passionate about technology and looking to accelerate your career while building innovative products, then you might be a candidate for the Data Technologies department.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and everyone contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling used cars. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving; high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a “Best Place to Work”.
As a Software Development Manager, you will:
- Lead and manage teams of developers with different levels of seniority and skillsets
- Build and maintain highly successful teams, provide feedback, mentor and manage projects while addressing any production issues
- Work hand in hand with development teams to design and implement the best technical solutions and approach
- Manage development processes to provide the highest quality of software development
- Communicate directly with both internal and external customers
- Assist in the migration from legacy systems
- Practice continuous learning for yourself and your team in order to improve what your team produces for CARFAX
- Onboard and cultivate employees in both technical skills and soft skills, furthering their career in software development
- Expect and require teams to build innovative and robust systems, that utilize the right tools for the right job
- Build and execute an effective, holistic data and analytics strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of software design & development experience and 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- Mastery of the tools of the trade, including familiarity with modern programming languages (Java, C#, Python) and other technologies like Docker, Hadoop and MongoDB
- Demonstrated experience in the product development life-cycle with the ability to provide clear, recent examples
- Strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects and communication to executives and non-technical leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to all varieties of audiences
- Experience leading Agile development teams using methods like Extreme Programming, Scrum, and Kanban
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.