Join our Team CARFAX as a Software Engineer
Do you want Friday’s off all summer? You read that right! At CARFAX, we care about work-life balance and we’re constantly looking for new ways to ensure we provide it. This summer we’re piloting 4-day work weeks between June 1 and September 6, 2021. We’re super excited about this and you should be too! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work-hard, play-hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
As a software developer on the Partner Integration Team you will use full stack technologies to build processes and applications that support the hundreds of integrations that Carfax shares with our dealer partners.
The Partner Integration team uses agile development methodologies and innovative thinking to craft cloud-based API’s and tools for delivering Carfax reports and data to our shared dealer partners. By integrating Carfax information into partner products and tools, dealers and consumers are provided with powerful information to use when buying and selling used cars.
If you are passionate about technology and are looking to accelerate your career while building innovative products, consider a future as a software developer on the CARFAX Partner Integration team.As a Software Engineer you will:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing and supporting awesome new applications
- Utilize Test Driven Development, Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
- Collaborate closely with other developers, stakeholders and internal customers
- Actively participate in the migration of legacy systems to the cloud.
- Constantly learn from and educating others to improve yourself and CARFAX
- Object oriented experience with languages such as Java, C, C++, or Groovy
- Experience building web services using REST or GraphQL
- Relational and NoSql database systems such as MySql, Oracle, Mongo, Hadoop or Cassandra
- Experience with AWS environments.
- Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as Spring Boot / MVC and Grails
- Testing frameworks like Spock or JUnit
- Jenkins or Gitlab
- Bitbucket version control system
- Spring Batch
- Control-M or other scheduling tools
- AWS Fargate/ECS or similar technologies
- AWS Lambda or similar technologies
Note: The summer 4-day work week is a test program in 2021 and not guaranteed in future years.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.