Back-End Developer (JAVA)
Join the Data Technologies team as a Back-End Developer
At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. And just announced, the return of the 4-day work week from Memorial Day through Labor Day! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference! Even today, while working remotely temporarily due to COVID-19, our culture is strong, and our team is connected!
Offers of employment may be conditional upon providing evidence of COVID-19 full vaccination.
As a Back-End Developer you will:
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices
- Develop high performing data streams and APIs to guarantee fast and accurate delivery
- Utilize Test Driven, Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and CARFAX
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with database concepts
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
You will also need established experience in and/or knowledge of:
- Java or C#
- Frameworks like Groovy and Spring
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch, MySQL
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux command line
- Unit and integration testing
- Git version control
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.