Product Manager - Search
Join our Winning Team as a Product Manager - Search
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with like-minded people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” is taken to new heights. Everything from annual company outings, to monthly new hire happy hours and being a dog friendly work place. And don’t forget about the gear! Every day you will see CARFAXers walking around the office sporting CARFAX t-shirts, hats, backpacks and more. Are you looking to join a company you’ll be proud to show off? If so, take a detour from the daily grind and apply today!
As a Product Manager of Search, you will lead the team that powers the ranking of CARFAX listings search results. In this position, you will build the roadmap and lead the engineering execution defining and operationalizing our relevance algorithm. You’ll apply your deep knowledge of modern search user interfaces, applying artificial intelligence and machine learning to create an optimal balance between the needs of consumers and key stakeholders.
To do this, you’ll leverage user insights alongside our world-class analytics systems to develop, test, and iterate product roadmaps that meaningfully improve the used car shopping experience while efficiently scaling the CARFAX Used Car Listings business.
As a Product Manager - Search, you will:
- Define the vision and execute the roadmap for Search results, including both customer facing features and back-end capabilities.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building data-driven consensus on search priorities leading to product execution.
- Provide cross-team and executive presentations to gain buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data. Deeply understand used car shopper and auto dealer needs, pain points, and behaviors, and transform that knowledge into a cohesive roadmap of features that aligns to company goals.
- Translate your product vision into user stories to rapidly iterate in our agile environment.
- Define metrics that inform the success of search initiatives, monitor performance in real time, and determine a product roll-out strategy based on quantitative and user feedback.
- Understand CARFAX’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 5+ years of product management in a large scale consumer web/ mobile app setting
- 3+ years of experience in search, discovery and/or personalization using machine learning or similar approaches.
- Experience incorporating a variety of research and testing methods including qualitative user research, A/B testing, offline machine learning model evaluation etc. to drive product decisions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias toward action and customer focused innovation. You thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You work proactively rather than reactively.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills - able to manage stakeholders up, down, and sideways.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.