Human Resources Coordinator for Compensation and Benefit
Overview for Operations
WRI Operations team, supports the crucial front-line work of the organization, they directly interact and work with Donors, Partners, Government agencies, Statutory bodies, Trustees, Vendors, and Consultants in fielding their inquiries, providing support at all the fronts, and solving problems. So that the WRI programs can be implemented without any hurdles and the program staff and researchers can develop high quality research documents, plans, and implement the programs at the national and regional level.
WRI operations team consists of various functions such as Finance and Accounting, Grants-Subgrants & Contracts, Human Resource, IT and Facilities management. Each role comes under the field of operations and each function Head/Managers reports to the Head of Operations and the Head of HR to the Indonesia Country Director which also the line manager for Head of Operations.
WRI Operations team strive for operational excellence across all functions starting with the recruitment, retention, employee experiences (proper compensation and benefit) and management of WRI’s staff, our most important asset. We manage our grants/endowment, the contributions entrusted to us, and our facilities in ways that are in line with our values and advance our mission. We maintain strict budgetary planning and financial controls to ensure that all contributions are managed in compliance with donors’ wishes.
The HR Coordinator for Compensation & Benefit will oversee and administer the employees’ perfect rewards and smart benefits. You will assess personnel needs and draft targeted programs that will increase performance, organisational trust, and satisfaction. In your role, you will lead the process of administering, update, and communicate employee benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, life, Health insurance and pension plans. You will also lead with compensation surveys and payroll administration for WRI Indonesia employees. Our global environmental research organization has grown rapidly. We seek a communicative benefits professional who is employee-focused and mission-driven with a strong interest in collaborating with our staff and Global Human Resources Network.
The post holder will provide appropriate, timely and professional Human Resources operational services to make sure that all staff working for WRI Indonesia are processed for the payroll system properly, insurance and BPJS are registered and updated into the system, HR digital database are developed and updated regularly and support the implementation of HR policy and procedure for all types of employment. The post holder will also be overseeing the administration process related to consultant payment, remuneration & benefit, and database for outsource, consultant and intern across all programs within WRI Indonesia.
The goal is to attract, retain and motivate high quality employees while reducing turnover and enhancing our organization’s profile as best place to work.
This position will report directly to Head of Human Resources and working closely with these parties:
- Manager and staff – Advising on best HR practice in the daily routine HR activities. Communicating human resource policies to staff and providing guidance on procedures as well as provided required HR information in consultation with Head of Human Resources
- Other organisations, BPJS, medical/Life/pension insurance, Payroll outsource, Outsourcing company, WRI HR Global office etc – To manage and provide updated information as required, references, process payment etc. as assigned by Head of HR
- Government – To assist Head of HR in keeping awareness of current and possible future legal and policy requirements.
The HR Coordinator for Compensation & Benefit is required to have good relations with government partner i.e. Tax and social security services officer and participate in the exchange of information, networking and representing World Resources Institute at joint agency events as assigned by Head of Human Resources
What You Will Do
Compensation & Benefit Management
- Define a fair, equitable and competitive total compensation and benefits package that fits and is aligned to our organization’s strategy, vision, and goals
- In coordination with Head of HR to develop a consistent compensation philosophy in line with work culture and organizational objectives
- Ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with current legislation (pay equity, human rights, etc)
- Use various methods and techniques and make data-based decisions on direct financial, indirect financial and nonfinancial compensations
- Assess employees needs by conducting organizational psychology surveys to find out what motivates and engages employees
- In coordination with Head of Human Resources to lead human resource management activities on the remuneration, Compensation & Benefit survey, salary surveys, etc., that are legally compliance and reflect WRI’s values and Action, including a commitment to non-discrimination on the grounds of disability, racial group, religion, gender, etc.
- Differentiate pay systems to invest in the segments of workforce that contribute the most value
- Manage and process the outsource procedure with third party
- Participate in salary and labour market surveys to determine prevailing pay rates and benefits
- To ensure that all staff working for WRI having appropriate medical and insurance in line with prevailing policy and procedure
- Deploy effective communication strategies and success metrics
- To conduct timely and accurate payroll process in line with prevailing procedure and always operate with integrity, assuring the confidentiality of information and maintaining records and keeping them secure
- Monitor and lead the implementation of compensation and benefits routine processes (calculations, compliance review, payment order preparation for allowances, payroll, etc) covering Indonesia program
- Support periodic project and institutional audits and prepare documents needed
- Monitor and provides the implementation of HR administration processes, staff employment status, and develops HR Monthly Report based on HR or other division needs
- Assist HR Officer to develop, update and maintain HR database system that enables to provide summary report as required by HR team, including playing on of the key roles in the Staff Report development process.
- Act as super user on WRI database system (ADP).
- To update final payment calculation to be verified by Head of HR and to overseeing Consultant payment, manage payroll outsource and pay on time on monthly basis to avoid any penalty may be applied as a result of payment delay
- Ensuring that relationships with third party are maintained and assuring that all agreement with them are in line with prevailing WRI regulation.
- Contribute as appropriate to the overall development of the HR program
- Process benefits and personnel action enrollments for new hires, terminations, change requests, leave requests, status request, sabbatical and other requests
- Add and process new employee information in all benefits systems as well as maintain and update all personnel digital files and forms
- Maintain and monitor HRIS database (ADP) to ensure database accurately reflects all staff enrollments and changes in all benefit plans (medical, dental, Life, accidental, Travel, pension and any other benefits) generate reports from database as necessary
- Leave Administration: Manage Annual Leave (PTO), Sick Leave, Long Illness Leave, Sabbatical Leave, Maternity and Paternity Leave Program and other Leave
- Monitoring invoices from benefits vendors, reconcile and audit monthly insurance invoices and deduction reports, and resolve billing, cancellations or change
- Assist Benefits & Compensation Manager with HR budget
Compensation Benefits Communication & Education
- Respond to daily employee inquiries, which often involves advisement, troubleshooting, and benefit claims assistance
- Communicate updated compensation & benefits information to all employees and edit/update annual compensation & benefit guides
- Create slide decks and lead benefit information presentations, including quarterly new employee onboarding sessions
- Assist with ensuring compliance and communicating with programs and respective staff
- Cooperate and coordinate with colleagues to ensure coherent, cohesive and effective program that benefit for Indonesia specifically environment and development sector
- To support implementation of other human resource workforce activities (Talent Acquisition, contracting and learning & development, etc.) that are legally compliance and reflect WRI’s Vision, Values and Mission.
- Represent the organization as appropriate
- Perform other human resources/administration projects and functions as needed
- Significant other duties as assigned by line manager
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
What You Will Need:
Education: You shall have bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business administrator, Finance or a relevant field of study or equivalent work experience.
Experiences: Proven 5+ years working experience as a Compensation and Benefits Specialist or other related position in the Human Resources department. And having a prior experience in HR practices and compensation cycle management. You shall have flexibility and personal capacity to cope with the high demands of providing a highly responsive HR service in difficult circumstances and sometimes under great pressure.
- Working knowledge of job evaluation and job analysis systems
- Previous experience with organisational psychology and labour market surveys
- Adequate knowledge of current labour rules and regulations
- Familiarity with various types of incentives and benefits
- Extensive knowledge of HRIS and MS Office
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Proficiency in HR information systems, Microsoft Office, and SharePoint. Knowledge of ADP is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Indonesia labor laws relating to employee benefits
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with numbers with an interest in process improvements
- Strong interest in working with diverse employees with high expectations across all levels and functions
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work independently
- Exhibits discretion in handling confidential information
- Eagerness to work and learn in a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment
- Developing others
- Information seeking
- Strategic orientation
- Organizational commitment
- Accountability: holds self-accountable for making delivering, achieving and role modelling WRI values
- Ambition: sets effective goals for his/her selves and team, takes responsibility for his/her own personal development and encourages the team to do the same
- Collaboration: builds and maintains effective relationships, with team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Creativity: Seeks opportunities to learn and develop, professionally and personally
- Integrity: Protect the privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to staff, partners and beneficiaries.
Full-time with fixed-term employment agreement up to 31 December 2023 with 3 (three) months of consultancy contract apply before the fixed-term employment agreement started.
What we offer
- Salary that is commensurate with experience and skills
- Competitive and comprehensive benefit package
- Access to the WRI global network
- Opportunity to join and/or get involved in different working groups
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- A chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
How to apply: In order to be formally considered, please submit an updated resume and cover letter through WRI career portal.
Application close: 1700 (DKI Jakarta local time), 26 February 2023. We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, gender diverse communities, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.