Sales Intern (Paid Internship)
Why You’ll Love Working Here:Working at TechSmith gives you a chance to hone your skills in an open, collaborative, and innovative environment where you can be excited to come into work every single day.
We are a technological melting pot comprised of nearly 300 uniquely skilled human beings that will continue to stretch your comfort zone—but in a good way. With great products and great people behind them, we are always looking for passionate, fun, and hardworking individuals who truly enjoy coming to work and doing what they love. Sounds like you? We would love to chat.
TechSmith’s top priority is the safety and well-being of our employees:
As such, we have temporarily moved our operations to working remotely. All incoming interns will also be remote to start. However, when it is deemed safe and necessary per our leadership for our staff to come back to our campus in Okemos, MI, it may be required for any incoming staff to do the same. Someone interested in this role would need to be able to adapt to the current remote environment need, and future on-campus environment need to be considered for the role.
Position Overview:TechSmith’s Sales Interns support the Sales department to ensure customers are experiencing complete value in our software and systems. The Interns work as part of the team, while developing key business skills to help them in their future careers. TechSmith Corporation encourages interns to express their own distinctive talents and discover their own core competencies. Our interns have front-line contact with TechSmith customers, so this position requires excellent verbal and written communications skills. A team player with a positive attitude is essential.
Interns can be any year in college, they do not have to be upperclassmen. TechSmith will also sponsor “internships for credit” and do any associated paperwork to support their interns in those courses.
We are currently looking for interns who are available year-round. During the summer interns work up to 40 hours per week, during school semesters 15-20 hours/week. Interns are hired for one term (summer or 1 semester) and are evaluated for additional terms toward the end of their first term with TechSmith. Our goal is to have interns for up to or beyond a year if they are successful. We also hope to consider full-time employment after graduation if there is mutual interest and an available position.
- Learn to use and understand the key concepts of TechSmith software.
- Work with the Sales team in day-to-day operations, contributing as a consistently productive team member.
- Assist customers to ensure they have a positive purchasing experience
- Handle customer sales concerns, troubleshoot, and solve problems
- Work on special projects, research deeper into our customer databases and analyze sales data
- Capture critical product and customer data to help improve sales opportunities and create efficient business processes
- Excel in a fast-paced environment and thrive under pressure
- Utilize creative thinking skills by assisting and developing the best practices for sales team operations
- Experience a real-world view of the software industry and learn key business strategies and tactics
- Interact with customers and partners all over the world
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Background:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, customer-focused, and able to work on a team
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and listening skills
- Great phone presence
- Good organization skills and capability to multi-task
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Proactive go-getter attitude
- Dependable employee with a good work history
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Previous sales or customer service experience a plus
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- You must be enrolled for at least 6 credits (undergrad) or 3 credits (grad) for fall and/or spring semesters to be considered for an internship with TechSmith Corporation. Summer class enrollment is not required.
- Requires at least 15 - 20 hours per week during the school year, maximum of 40 hours per week during the summer