Internal Communications Strategist
Are you excited to work in an exciting, dynamic industry like public transportation, joining a major transit agency in one of the fastest growing regions in the United States? Would you enjoy working with a professional, integrated team of communications, public relations and marketing professionals who are dedicated to promoting the benefits of transit to riders and the community? UTA’s PR & Marketing Department coordinates the agency’s branding, advertising, marketing and public relations activities, supporting a wide variety of transit projects, services and programs, and there is never a dull moment! If you are seeking an opportunity to be part of a providing services and projects that contribute to the community and support Utah’s great quality of life, then we encourage you to apply today!
Engages company-wide communications channels, including the intranet and newsletter, partnering with department and executive leadership to scale companywide all-hands meetings and to launch new communications vehicles. Creates and implements communications strategies for news across the organization, engaging employees in UTA culture and values. Success of this position depends in part on the quality of relationships developed across the organization to surface newsworthy happenings and communicate effectively.In partnership with UTA leadership, delivers clear company communications that are well-timed—driving awareness, business performance, organizational culture, and employee engagement. Leads communication planning sessions to fully understand goals and company initiatives; then develops a plan to achieve desired outcomes. Proactively stays current with emerging technologies and trends for internal communications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Organizational Communications or other relevant field.
Five years of corporate communications, public relations, and/or related equivalent work experience. Solid experience in:
- Executing communications strategy and program management at medium or large-sized companies (internal communications experience preferred)
- Assessing communication needs and measuring success of communication initiatives and programs
- Writing in the voice of an individual or company brand
- Creating compelling presentation content and coaching internal leadership, stakeholders and presenters for most effective delivery
- Gathering, analyzing, and responding to feedback from target audience (experience with employee audience preferred)
- Engaging presentation skills; presenting to a live audience is part of our selection process
- Expertise in developing corporate communication strategies and tactics that drive organizational objectives, increased employee awareness and engagement, and reflect the culture of the company
- Experience with content management systems (e.g. Wordpress)
- Exceptional verbal/written/interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Strong planning and project management skills including working well under pressure and managing multiple projects and priorities concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building skills
- Basic proficiency with personal computers in a networked environment and MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint)
- Enthusiastic, creative and self-motivated
- Prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Manage projects and timelines with colleagues without direct supervisory responsibility
- Influence without authority
Other desirable qualities
- Curiosity based on general interest in communication strategy and in creating programs that drive business objectives
- Mindset to serve business goals by knowing and advocating for employee perspectives
- Accountability based on an earnest desire to do what is expected without prompting
- Genuine pride in quality and results
- Kindness and respect for fellow teammates (we truly strive to build teams that like to work together, so we hire team players who are motivated to be courteous and productive)
Minimum $68,773.12 Annual Salary depending on experience.
Close Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED