Damage Field Investigator
Project Resources Group is a quickly growing company looking for career-minded individuals to investigate power and gas utility damages throughout the area. This is an excellent opportunity for self-motivated and organized individuals who want a job with an entrepreneurial flair. You will be, in combination, remotely working from home and on the road in the local area. No two days are ever the same!
On an average day, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Arrive on-site for underground and aerial utility investigations.
- Conduct interviews at damage sites with contractors, technicians, witnesses, police, homeowners, etc.
- Photograph and process the damaged scene to accurately portray and determine liability.
- Be available to field damage calls and respond across the market.
- Take precautions always to utilize safety protocols.
- Understand and utilize State Dig Laws and Statutes, excavator requirements, and NESC standards.
- Develop a professional working relationship with the client, their contractors, technicians, management team, and other personnel.
- Assist the Claims Recovery team post-investigation.
You should possess the following skills and abilities to be successful in this role.
- Reliable personal vehicle with valid driver’s license and current insurance; min BI/PD 100/300/100.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Available 7 am-7 pm M-F and for on-call schedule.
- Solid technical ability, proficient in MS Word, typing, and public computers.
- Prior investigation and /or law enforcement experience desired.
- Strong logical competence is preferred.
- Knowledge of the utility industry and/or utility locate industry.
- Business background with attention to detail is valuable.
- It is essential to be able to multitask and have good time management.
- High School or equivalent (required).
- Bachelors or a combination of years of professional experience (preferred).
Still a good fit? If so, the selected candidate will enjoy the following perks and compensation:
- Competitive rate between $48-$52k a year
- National mileage reimbursement
- Health benefits include medical, dental & vision for you and your dependents on the first of the month following your start date.
- Company-paid Short-term Disability benefits after one year of service.
- 401(k) Plan on the first of the month following your start date with a safe-harbor match after one year of service.
- Supplemental Life Insurance is offered for you and your dependents.
- ClassPass shared cost membership is offered to each employee.
- Paid time off and holiday pay so you can enjoy time with your friends and family.
PRG is a dedicated employer of choice, and we realize that our people are our biggest asset. We work hard at building a team that fosters collaboration, new ideas, and fun. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Project Resources Group is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.