Mindshare | Associate Director, Data Scientist
This role, you will help in discovering the information hidden in extensive amounts of data. You will apply data mining techniques, do statistical analysis, and build high quality prediction systems using a variety of data tools. Your primary focus is finding opportunities for clients and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Head of Strategy
- Work with stakeholders and functional teams to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Identify relevant data sources for business needs.
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Extend existing data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries.
- Build predictive models using data science techniques, such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and artificial intelligence.
- Present results in a clear manner.
Technical Skills requirement ;
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, MIT or related discipline.
- More than 2 years experience in Data Science.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies and techniques.
- Have a strong passion for data and analytics.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellence in communication and a "get-the-job done" attitude.
- Excellent time management skills and can deliver quality work to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and ability to work with clients and peers in a respectful and professional manner.
- Comfort working in a dynamic group with several ongoing concurrent projects.
- Desire to work in a changing environment.
- Work with moderate work direction and is skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
More about Mindshare
We were born in Asia in 1997, a start up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global agency with more than 7,000 employees in 116 offices across 86 countries, operating as one team - #teammindshare. We believe that in today’s world, everything begins and ends in media. We aim to be our clients’ lead business partner, to grow their business, and drive profitability through adaptive and inventive marketing. We do this through speed, teamwork and provocation and by operating as a network of networks rather than a rigid hierarchy. We create new things and have fun doing it. Whenever and wherever you join us, you open a door to opportunities in any and of all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will support you, recognize you and reward you, making Mindshare the place where you do the best work of your career.
Mindshare APAC has won 500 awards in the last year alone, including “Agency Network of the Year 2017” by both the MMA SMARTIES™ and Campaign Asia for the fifth and third consecutive year, respectively. Mindshare is part of GroupM, the media investment management arm of WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us on Twitter @mindshare and facebook.com/mindshareapac and linkedin.com/company/mindshare
In a population of 69 million people, Thailand’s mobile penetration is at a whopping 120% with smart phone penetration at 50%. Digital spend has grown 38% year-on-year and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.