Donor Relations Account Manager - Panama City, FL
Donor Relations Account Manager – Panama city, FL
Location: Panama City, Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Crestview, FL and surrounding areas
Department: Donor Development
Job Type: Full-Time
Shift: Monday – Friday 8:15am to 5pm, working outside regular business hours as needed. 70%-day travel in the field and 10% overnight based on the assigned territory,
LifeNet Health is searching for talented individuals who will embrace our mission of saving lives, restoring health, and giving hope.
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization (“OPO”) and tissue processor in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Our goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs, tissues, and cells for transplantation; to provide innovation in the fields of bio-implants, regenerative medicine and research; and, to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process. LifeNet Health has over 1200 employees and has a growing global presence.
How you will contribute to LifeNet Health’s success:
The Donor Relations Account Manager promotes, builds, and manages tissue donation and recovery programs throughout a designated territory. In this role, the person will display the highest degree of integrity, honesty, knowledge, and respect for the purpose of tissue donation and transplantation. The Donor Relations Account Manager will possess consultative and new business development skills combined with in-depth knowledge of donation best practices to achieve the necessary supply of donated tissue, customer retention objectives, and new business development goals. This individual will be a resource for customers, donations partners, and/or stakeholders such as: hospitals, hospices, funeral homes, medical examiners, law enforcement agencies, donor families, and organ procurement and eye bank organizations.
What you’ll do:
- Manages the routine operations for existing LifeNet Health Donation Partners, including events and/or meetings and key marketing and public relations events. Provides training to educate Donation Partners on the donation process, changes in technology, best practices for donation consent, and updated procedures in relation to tissue banking. Manages specific programs and/or initiatives such as, acquiring birth tissue for placenta donation and other specific requests for research tissue that may arise. Conducts rounds with Donation Partners as needed to increase tissue donation and education.
- Manages accounts to build and guide key relationships in the hospital system with Executive Leadership Teams (CEO, CNO, CCO, VP etc.), Risk Managers, Quality departments, Nurse Managers (ER, ICU, OR, etc.), Chaplains, and/or other Administrative offices within the assigned or target hospital.
- Develops a broad base of support for LifeNet Health’s products and services by maintaining quarterly contact with clinicians, medical examiners, funeral home partners, coroners, and hospital decision makers. Works in conjunction with LifeNet Health Bio-Implant Specialists to tie existing and potential distribution opportunities in target hospitals for conversion and/or maintenance of the existing referral process. Collaborates with donation partners such as Organ Procurement Organizations (OPO) and eye banks.
- Supports donor families with LifeNet Health bereavement resources, programs, and events. Supports the Donor Family Advisory Board by providing articles and stories for LifeNet Health Donor Family Newsletters and Commemorative books. Corresponds with donor families by phone, email, and/or letters. Provides information related to donor gifts, grafts, and Thanks to You Letters.
- Provides statistical reports for each contracted hospital in order for the hospital to stay within the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) compliance standards in relation to tissue donation. Assists hospitals with process improvement through continuous development and refinement of policies and procedures that maximize tissue donation in conjunction with industry standards, federal laws, and state laws. Reviews tissue donation data with key Executive Leadership partners on a yearly basis and/or as established by the referral agency.
- Partners with LifeNet Health tissue recovery department to resolve any hospital, funeral home, medical examiner (ME), coroner, hospice or other partnership complaints as well as to provide marketing and professional education. Supports the LifeNet Health Funeral Home Advisory Board to ensure industry best practice feedback and collaboration. Assists in obtaining electronic medical records (EMR) for tissue recovery and quality assurance staff as needed. Establishes communication and procedures for obtaining current and future EMR records for hospitals and other partners in an assigned territory.
- Develops effective marketing tools and strategic business plans to maximize tissue donation in assigned region. Collaborates with marketing and public relation firms to develop marketing and communication initiatives as they relate to community education and donation awareness. Performs community education through Donate Life programs.
- Reports on assigned territory activity, growth opportunities, and competitive analysis to management. Updates data/contacts into LifeNet Health tracking system on key developments, contacts, meetings, and events.
What you’ll bring (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid State Driver’s License
- 5 years’ experience in one of the following: healthcare (tissue banking, organ procurement, blood banking, nursing, psychology, medical, EMT, etc.) marketing, sales, public relations, education, or business development
These would be nice too (Knowledge Skills and Abilities):
- Ability to communicate professionally with refined presentation skills and public speaking with internal and external customers, partners, donor families, executive leadership, and the general public.
- Competent experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Complex knowledge of procedures, practices, and policies Ability to work collaboratively with team members
- Ability to successfully gather and evaluate pertinent information to draw conclusions and identify potential trends
- Ability to anticipate and critically think through problems
- Ability to create and revise procedures, technical documents, and other relevant material according to established requirements
Why work at LifeNet Health?
We have a fierce drive for our mission of Saving Lives, Restoring Health, and Giving Hope. You won’t find another company with a culture as strong as ours.
- 403(b) and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Corporate sponsored events for employees
- Work-life balance with generous paid time off to include vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal career, skill, and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness Program (gym reimbursement, monthly wellness webinars, mental health toolkit, financial resources, and much more)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and members of their household
- Dedicated and passionate co-workers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.