Welcome to the Funko-verse, a world built on pure imagination, a land governed by the philosophy that stories matter, a universe comprised of characters from countless fandoms, a galaxy of once upon a times and happily ever afters.
But what does Funko do?
Funko is a purveyor of pop culture and licensed-focused collectibles company headquartered in Everett, WA. Funko currently holds hundreds of licenses and the rights to create tens of thousands of characters – one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry. Funko’s Pop! Vinyl is the number one stylized vinyl collectible on the market, selling millions of figures to fans around the world.
The Licensing & Retail Development Manager position is based out of the Funko Burbank office. As a Manager of the Licensing & Retail Development team within Funko Licensing, you will help grow Funko's sales by working with our licensor partners. A primary function of this role will include revenue-generating initiatives. Focusing initially on Funko's top licensors, you will be a key part of the team responsible for joint-business planning in key global markets, with goals specific to the territories you manage. This position will arrange and lead meetings between Funko's sales team members and their licensor retail and category counterparts. Primary goals include but are not limited to, delivering more incremental retail opportunities, driving licensors to help Funko grow sales while ensuring Funko is part of all licensor retail and marketing activations.
Your Superpowers in Action
· The Licensing & Retail Development Manager will own the joint business plans (JBP) for major licensors in their specific territory
· Deliver the agreed JBP goals for your territory. Many of these goals will include revenue-generating initiatives. These revenue-generating initiatives could include, as appropriate, supporting the Sales Team by delivering more incremental retail opportunities in target accounts, acquiring licensor support by opening target retailers, expanding categories within retail, and ensuring Funko is a part of all retailer marketing campaigns to support sell through
· Regular (monthly for key markets and quarterly for smaller markets) calls with licensor retail teams, including Funko Sales Team members and Marketing where possible
· Work with the Licensing Coordinator to provide the required PD opportunity plans and optimize for your territory
· Own the JBP action plan, driving Funko and licensor teams to complete incremental opportunities
· Use sell through data to optimize retail plans
· Support Funko Marketing by ensuring local licensors are aware of Funko’s PD and marketing plans. Work with licensor teams to generate marketing and PR opportunities as part of regular JBP calls
· Set up senior regional JBP reviews and create business summaries to include sales performance (sell In, sell through), regional heatmap, opportunity report and key actions to drive the business
· Provide regional summary retail / JBP report for global licensor T2T
· Set targets for new business to align with Funko forecasts and stretch plans as needed
Must-Have Superhero Gadgetry
· College degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
· 3 – 5 years of experience and understanding of both a Sales and Licensing environment beneficial
· Project-oriented, pro-active, creative, and self-motivated work style with ability to effectively manage multiple projects
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while consistently delivering superior results within given deadlines
· Analytical mind with a good understanding of numbers
· Ability to work Independently and with initiative
· Strong relationship-building skills
· Able to demonstrate a ‘team player’ work ethic
· Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills In English - Spanish language skills an advantage
The base salary range for this position is $90,000 - $110,000 annually. Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location.
What Funko Offers
Funko offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits and a 401(K) plan with matching contributions from the company. Most importantly, we offer a creative work environment with people who love pop culture just as much as you do. Can’t wait to gush about your latest binge? Neither can we! Looking for a place where your favorite pop culture t-shirt will receive the compliments it deserves? We know how you feel!
Funko is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position is based in Burbank, CA.