Senior Enterprise Risk Analyst
Does the innovation of enterprise and operational risk management drive you? Are you a builder and love the challenge of rethinking how to manage operational risk? Funding Circle is looking to add a Senior Enterprise Risk Analyst to our growing team here in the UK. You will be responsible for working with the Business and Ops division to implement the Funding Circle Enterprise and Operational Framework for the UK Business to drive sustainable stable growth.
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
- We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
- To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
- And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
- Provide advice & counsel on risk related matters, work with the UK Enterprise Risk Manager to support the UK Business MD and and UK Chief Risk Officer to support them in execution of their risk responsibilities.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and manage key enterprise and operational risks.
- Build strong relationships across the business in order to build support and make change happen to drive key control projects to completion.
- Take responsibility for owning elements of the Operational Risk framework e.g. KRIs, Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA), Operational Risk Event Reporting, Scenario Analysis for the UK business.
- Drive consistent implementation of the ERMF within the UK Business
- Collaborate and support initiatives with Global Enterprise Risk to drive improvements in ERMF and program execution.
- Develop, coordinate and provide risk related training.
- Assist and prepare in the creation of relevant committee and Board documentation.
- Track internal and external actions to ensure the business owner has the support required to complete within the target date.
- Special projects as determined by the UK Enterprise Risk Manager.
What we’re looking for
- Individuals working in an operational risk function, risk consultancy and or Big 4 are highly desirable along with other relevant financial services industry experience in a lending environment.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in Enterprise or Operational Risk Management is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to gain confidence of senior management and challenge the status quo, as appropriate.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of Operational Risk Tools, MS Offices skills Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with 2-3 days per week based in the office. When you’re in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development:Learning allowance and full access to internal Learning platform.
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.