Senior Risk Operations Analyst
Credit Risk – Senior Risk Operations Analyst
Basic + benefits + stock
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance! We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In 2017 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
Risk and Analytics @ Funding Circle
The Risk and Analytics teams play a crucial role to Funding Circle. They ensure our borrowers and investors get what we promise, use data and modelling to provide insights to the rest of the business, control and monitor the risk within our processes ensuring that we always deliver and they help us make data driven decisions to guide our strategy.
The Credit Risk team
Funding Circle’s Credit Risk team is hugely influential to our overall lending process. They look at measuring our risk, optimising our credit risk funnel and forecasting the performance of our loan portfolios. To do this, they work globally with the credit risk modelling, engineering, data management, capital markets and business operations teams to truly understand our objectives and shape analytical solutions.
As a Senior Risk Operations Analyst you will...
● Prepare and implement a smart and detailed monitoring of Funding Circle portfolio to be used to identify areas of Collection optimization.
● Prepare and conduct analytics and forecasting to enable strategic decision-making within Collections, Recoveries and Fraud
● Develop annual plans and targets for Collection, Recoveries and Fraud coherent with our investor’s expectations while keep a strong level of employees’ engagement
● Lead credit loss mitigations projects across our non-performing loan portfolio including prioritization, segmented borrower treatment and debt sales placement
● Identify, develop and maintains key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● See projects right through to completion, by leading on the implementation efforts and developing testing & ongoing monitoring plans
● Be part of a wider credit risk team and help developing future lending strategies, with a clear focus on delivering both stable and predictable credit loss performance
We are looking for these skills...
● At least 5 years of experience in collections & recoveries analytics within the retail lending environment
● Proven problem solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
● Strong communication skills to stakeholders of various background. Ability to articulate problems and solutions in an operational context and to influence others about the steps towards success.
● Strong comprehension of the key operational processes within a lending institution and previous experience with Operations stakeholders.
● Advanced knowledge of Excel
● Working knowledge of SQL
● One programming language (R, SAS, Python)
● Academic background within STEM based subject (quantitative field)
Why Join Us? Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
● Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the company’s success by offering generous shares.
● Cool kit - Mac or PC
● Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
● Discounted onsite gym membership
● Learning and development through FC Academy
● Personal development funding
● Flexible working
● Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
● We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
● Company wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.