At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
With teams in London, San Francisco, Denver, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
As a Payments Executive, you will be…
- Processing daily payments in our bespoke systems, both inbound and outbound (direct debits, bank transfers, internal money movements…)
- Identifying non-standard payments and account behaviour and finding short/long term solutions
- Understanding end-to-end flow of money through Funding Circle and the appropriate action for each type of payment (contacting the relevant team, flagging risk and putting the right controls in place…)
- Conducting daily checks on processes and performing authorisation of all transactions for virtual and real world money
- Working closely with AML and fraud teams to ensure client funds are protected
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies focusing on FCA and CASS compliance
- Liaising with the Fin-Ops and Collections teams
- Answering internal and external queries regarding payments
- Having input into projects aimed at improving processes and new products
What will I bring to the role?
- 2:1 or equivalent experience preferable
- 6-24 months admin experience, preferably with a focus on payment processing and within an organisation with client money responsibility
- Shown exceptional organisational skills with a high level of accuracy
- Proven a numerical and logical mind in various situations
It would be outstanding if you have....
- A passion to learn and get involved in the wider business processes
- Smart, enthusiastic and dedicated to delivering an excellent service to the business and investors
- Excellent communication skills, both on the telephone and in writing
- Exceptional time management skills and proficiency at multitasking
- Quick to learn, understand and suggest changes to processes to improve efficiency
- Driven to succeed both individually and as part of a team
- Advanced Excel skills
Why join Funding Circle?
Manning the front line, you will represent Funding Circle right from the beginning. You will join a hard-working and most importantly FUN team where we encourage everyone to expand their knowledge and growth.
Walk into an office that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure - and of course free coffee! We offer a range of attractive benefits and a competitive salary package.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.