Fullstack Engineer (Mid-Level) - Hybrid or Remote
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech and Data” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
Day to Day, this role will include:
- Collaborating as part of an agile cross functional team, as well as technology chapters
- Building great user experiences for customers
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Using Clojure, Kafka, React and Ruby currently and built entirely on AWS
- Supporting our production systems
This roles requires someone who has:
- Experienced in at least one major programming language (we use Ruby, Clojure and Python so these would be desirable but not essential)
- Willingness to spread their time across FE and BE
- Fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and CI/CD
- An interest or experience in any of Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architectures
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.