Data Analyst - London
Competitive + benefits + stock
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just nine years, 90,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £7 billion to 68,000 businesses across the world. In 2018 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 115,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
Birds-eye view of the role:
Would you describe yourself as a data fanatic? Do you have a passion for analysing and visualising data to help your company make better decisions faster? If you answer yes to these questions then we're looking for you to join our team! Funding Circle’s Data Team are looking for a Data Analyst to help drive the use of data across the company.
You’ll help by:
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders across the business and helping them with their data needs
- Understanding how our business works and how this is reflected in our data
- Creating engaging visualisations to bring the data story to life
- Working with data to prototype solutions for analytics teams and feeding into the design and build of our data platforms
- Assessing and tracking the quality of data and work with the team to solve issues
Qualifications & skills:
- Ability to extract insight from data and explain, in straightforward terms, what it means
- Using initiative to hunt down answers and find solutions
- Experience of working with data stakeholders across the business - Risk, Analytics, Operations, Sales
- Experience developing dashboards in visualisation tools like Tableau or Qlikview
- Strong SQL query/development skills (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL)
- Query tuning and optimisation skills
- Good understanding of ETL processes and data pipelines
- Understanding data quality and how we can track and improve it
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical people
- Understanding different data formats (JSON, XML etc)
It would be amazing if you have:
- Any software development experience is extremely beneficial (Python, R, Jenkins, Github)
- Experience working within an Agile development team
- Data modelling skills
- Exposure to event driven architecture (Confluent platform)
- Data remediation experience
Why join us:
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the company’s success by offering generous shares.
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company-wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.