Group FP&A Manager (9 month FTC)
Reporting to the Director of Group Finance, the Group FP&A Manager will be responsible for group level financial planning and analysis at Funding Circle, also working closely with the CFO on group wide analysis and insight.
The Group FP&A Manager will serve as a peer to the Group Financial Controller and each of the geographic FP&A Managers in a collaborative rather than a top-down Head Office to subsidiary culture.
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
● We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
● To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
● And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
● Drive a planning cycle within the business that is seen as adding value rather than burdensome; that tightly aligns financial aspiration to operational and strategic goals; and provides a mechanism for performance management.
● Support investor relation activity, in particular interim external reporting (i.e. Half Year and Full Year Results). Providing stakeholder business partnering to the CEO and CFO as well as supporting them in articulating the story to journalists, investors and suppliers.
● Together with the CFO, support the communication of the strategy of the finance function to the wider team and the Global Leadership Team.
● Coordinate medium term plans that capture strategic intent, link to funding requirements and capital allocation.
● Undertake deep dives and provide commercial analysis and strategic thought to the Global leadership team.
● Manage how we describe the business internally and externally, determining those leading and lagging KPIs that enable the CEO and CFO to hold the business to account whilst communicating progress effectively to shareholders.
● Develop and maintain financial systems that underpin the ambition of the function and the business.
● Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
What we’re looking for
● A Qualified Accountant with relevant PQE ~ +5 years.
● Experience in the financial services sector and preferably some listed businesses experience.
● Knowledge of a planning cycle.
● Someone with attention to detail with a high level of accuracy – someone who is curious to dig deeper and produce strong analysis.
● Excellent Excel and modelling skills.
● Strong reporting and presentation skills, both written and oral, to senior leadership.
● A team-player, who can take responsibility and work with a high level of autonomy combining both “thinking” and “doing”.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with 2-3 days per week based in the office. When you’re in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
● Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
● Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
● Development: Learning allowance and full access to internal Learning platform.
● Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.