Senior Data Scientist - Model Validation
Senior Data Scientist – Model Validation
Competitive + benefits + stock
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just nine years, 90,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £7 billion to 68,000 businesses across the world. In 2018 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 115,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
Funding Circle’s Global Model Risk team is looking to add an enthusiastic, smart, & results-driven data scientist to validate the integrity and comprehensiveness of risk models independently.
Our data scientist will be working within Funding Circle’s Model Risk team, supporting the head of Enterprise Risk, and will be required to validate and monitor models across geographies.
They will also collaborate with Country Risk team and the Business teams to provide analytical input for the model development, credit strategy building, fraud prevention and anti-money laundering strategy building; and ensure that any risks are highlighted effectively on timely manner.
Birds-eye view of the role:
- Perform model validation and relevant quantitative analyses to test the performance of the models for credit risk, stress testing, cash flow, financial crime, and other risk models
- Review models with respect to accounting requirements, investor requirements and internal standards
- Communicate validation findings and statistical analytics results with stakeholders effectively
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of model validations
- Conduct analysis to support the validation management during ad-hoc projects or special investigations
- Work collaboratively with Model Development teams, Country Risk teams, and Business teams across the company to achieve best practice
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong quantitative skills with an academic background in Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics or similar fields
- Proven industry experience in developing or validating end to end statistical models
- Proficiency in analytical tools like Python or R, and associated statistical model libraries
- Proven problem-solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- Excellent ability to translate complex problems into clear and simple stories
- An open minded, collaborative and personable individual , identification with our Mission, “To build a better financial world” and alignment with our Core Values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live The Adventure
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the company’s success by offering generous shares.
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company-wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.