Head of Direct Sales
This is a truly unique opportunity to lead and transform our high-performing Direct Sales Team in the UK. Now a publicly listed global company, Funding Circle is entering an exciting phase of scale and expansion. As Head of Direct Sales, you will be an integral part of this journey!
You will be an experienced and talented leader who’s excitement about change is contagious. Your mission is to create the best sales team and lead from the front on organisational and operational efficiencies (we are a leading tech company after all!).
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help Small Medium Enterprise businesses get the finance. Small business isn’t small. In 2017, lending through Funding Circle created and sustained 75,000 jobs, and helped contribute £4 billion to the global economy.
Be part of an international team of very motivated and talented people who work together in an environment where hierarchies don't matter but passion and drive do and help us build the world’s leading online lending platform.
What will you be responsible for?
- Drive the continuous transformation of the UK Direct Sales team into a world leading efficient sales organisation.
- Lead a growing team of 70 people within the Direct Sales channel to deliver sales, revenue and cost budgets.
- Drive performance management across the channel through a continuous improvement framework.
- Ensure the delivery of an outstanding borrower experience through clearly defined metrics.
- Work with the Commercial and Strategy teams to define the long-term success of the UK business.
- Responsible for recruitment and retention of top talent to help grow the team in line with origination targets.
- Work with the People team and own the learning and development strategy to drive the culture within the Sales team.
- Collaborate with the wider funnel operation leads to ensure an efficient end to end borrower funnel.
- Deliver internal controls and policies that ensure Funding Circle delivers commercial performance in the right way.
What will you bring to the role?
- Significant experience (approx 5+ years) leading scale sales teams in a fast-growing company.
- Proven track record in delivering effective Contact Centre operational environments that support outstanding customer service - our product moves fast and at high volumes, you need to be able to work at this pace.
- Experience leading sales teams through transformation and within a continuous improvement framework.
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate large teams.
- Exceptional oral and written communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Analytical approach and mindset to drive performance improvements.
- Experience leading in operational change environments within Sales teams.
- Successful track record of delivering against ambitious target.
- Experience using Salesforce as a CRM & driving CRM improvements to benefit the business.
It would be advantageous if you have:
- A passion for working in an innovative area of finance.
- Experience in the financial services industry .
Why join Funding Circle?
You will join a hard-working and most importantly, FUN team where we encourage ambition and initiative. Walk into an office that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure.
We offer a range of attractive benefits and a competitive salary package including uncapped, performance based bonus and Funding Circle shares.
(+ expenses budget, private health insurance, life assurance, 25 days holidays etc.).
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.