Senior Product Manager - Data
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Data & Risk teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
Data is core to our mission at Funding Circle to build a better financial world. We are looking for a Product Manager to work as part of our Data team in London.
We firmly believe that data is our key asset and having a data platform dedicated to analytics and reporting helps drive the growth of our company. This role will work with data engineering, delivery and analysts to extend our data platform - supporting key stakeholders across the business - including risk, customer analytics, data science, capital markets, marketing… and more!
- Be the Product owner for the FC Data Platform that supports analytics and insight for the funnel and decisioning.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their targets, challenges and goals
- Understand the value and impact of potential projects to build and prioritise the roadmap
- Shape data products that will help deliver stakeholder needs - whether that is extending the data platform / lake with additional data, enhancing dashboards and visualisations or improving tooling for data science
- Inspiring the wider Data team and engaging with them to shape solutions
- Spread the message on the importance of data and use your influence to improve how data is created and provisioned for analytics
- Building your network and understanding what is going on across the business, how teams work and interact
- Experienced working with data platforms (data warehouse / data lake / analytics / reporting / visualisations) alongside Data Scientists, Analysts and / or BI teams
- Familiar with funnel, conversion, risk decision systems and credit reference ages
- Experienced in understanding stakeholder goals and turning them into successful products
- Able to articulate the value of a data platform in a commercial way
- Self driven and energised to keep up with a diverse set of stakeholders, and can speak their language
- Passionate about getting into the detail and solving problems but can also step back and communicate the bigger picture
- A team player who builds collaborative and constructive relationships and enjoys having fun at work
- Onboard with our mission to support small businesses
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.