Head of Product
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
As a Head of Product, you will be responsible for setting the product strategy for new products and the instant decision platform we have built, and owning the product roadmap that will enable us to continue to delight borrowers and to help achieve our goals. You will lead two product teams focussed on new product development and product growth, and will build effective relationships across the UK business to support the mission you will be embarking on.
To do this you will:
- Create a compelling vision for our online lending product, with clarity on north-star goals
- Be the evangelist for product within the UK business, champion the customer cause
- Own the product roadmap for UK lending products and oversee delivery with technology
- Foster effective relationships with senior stakeholders, be the go-to person, enable fast decision-making
- Owning product development through its lifecycle, particularly requirement and design phases
- Experienced in being an adept communicator, enjoy taking people on the journey.
- Working with agile engineering teams, understanding technical and data concepts they deal with.
- Understand how to build innovative experiences that resolve pain points, making sure the customer voice is heard in everything we do.
- Able to bring clarity and simplicity to solving complex problems and environments.
- A born leader who can manage a team of talented product managers, help them to develop and succeed.
Not essential, but it would be interesting if you’ve also had:
- Experience working in financial services, or developing products for small businesses.
- User-centred product design, knowledge of practices and disciplines.
- Engineering or Computer Science degree, or relevant experience.
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.