Collections Strategy Manager
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
● Ownership of a diverse range of data-first direct mail and email campaigns spanning all our collections and recoveries work
● Pre-campaign planning, including working with analytics and comms teams to brief, design and deliver campaign automation to support the CRL programme
● Providing campaign reporting and evaluation to explain the performance and demonstrate the success of the mail and email activity, including proactively looking at performance metrics, drawing conclusions and communicating findings
● Ensuring all campaigns adhere to FC’s Fair, Clear and Not Misleading (FCNM) framework, their integration with other CRL comms points (e.g. 121 Collections and Recoveries Account Managers) and that they are aligned with FC’s wider tone of voice and brand identity
● Strong organisational skills and the ability to coordinate a number of stakeholders to deliver campaigns on time and to a high standard
● A positive attitude with plenty of energy to deliver end-to-end campaigns. Experience of using an online print and/or email platform, with templates, is not essential but would be an advantage
● Someone who can manage and coordinate diverse stakeholders to ensure CRL activity is a centrepoint of borrower activity at FC, and is comfortable reporting on performance and presenting to wider groups including senior stakeholders
● The ability to work effectively with internal teams (e.g. brand/marketing, compliance, data, analytics) and third party agencies and suppliers to deliver cost-effective and on-brand marketing activity
● Someone driven by ambitious targets, and able to work autonomously to drive campaigns and projects forward, problem-solving as appropriate, and proactively seizing opportunities to drive themself and the business forward
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octave – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.