We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
Sitting on the same desk as our CEO and UK MD, the Strategy & Commercial team is pivotal at Funding Circle. It’s key in driving us forward and optimising business performance.
Working cross-functionally with a variety of teams, someone with the desire to take ownership, think holistically and be hands on would be a great fit for this role.
● Lead the development of Funding Circle’s growth strategy, working with senior management and leadership on our 1 year and 3 year growth plans as required
● Working with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of seniority across the business to understand and optimise performance, as well as working with the CEO and UK MD to ensure development of practical ideas
● Scoping, sizing and prioritising new product opportunities
● Lead the development of new growth areas or efficiency initiatives and improve existing business processes
● Developing new market entry strategies and operational processes to deliver opportunities into the market
It would be great if you:
● Interested in a better work/life balance
● From a strategy consulting firm
● Influential and able to draw strategic insights from analysis of data to then inspire and communicate across the business
● Personable – the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals from different parts of the organisation with a different background and perspective
● Excited for a fast-paced and people-first working culture
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.