We are looking for a Sales Executive (known internally as an Account Executive)
This role sits within what we call the New Business team, a subsection of the Direct Sales team. They are the face of Funding Circle to our new customers and work passionately to make sure small businesses have an incredible experience in getting the funding they need.
Salary: £30,000 + OTE
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
- We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
- To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
- And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
As an Account Executive, you embody one of our most important selling points: personal support of our customers. Every day you will speak to a diverse range of SME business owners to gain an understanding of their business, find out about their goals and explain how Funding Circle can help in achieving them.
Following a 2 week tailored training programme you will have weekly dedicated development sessions with your manager both in an individual and team setting.
The role involves:
- Working with warm leads to generate new opportunities through business development
- Establishing instant rapport with your customers via telephone & email to cultivate successful relationships
- Pitching the Funding Circle proposition against alternative funding options available
- Managing a high-volume, fast-paced pipeline; supporting your clients through each stage of creating an application
- Being responsible for your own monthly target and continuously developing & improving your approach to help you get there
- Proactively problem solving, identifying and confidently mitigating any risks, issues or control weaknesses that arise in your day-to-day
Want a behind the scenes look at the role of an Account Executive?! Check out this 'day in the life' video for a sneak peek: https://youtu.be/yvBbFy3JaVQ
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in a sales or service environment - we don’t require heaps of experience but some exposure to a sales or service environment is beneficial
- A strong communicator, confident to be able to engage with small business owners over the phone and via email
- Ability to continually develop and maintain your pipeline whilst managing applications in progress
- Proactivity and a desire to develop your career and taking onboard feedback - continuous development is a key part of sales at Funding Circle and we are looking for people keen to grow!
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with a blend of 2-3 days either in the office or at home. When you’re in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
- Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
- Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
- Development: Learning allowance and full access to internal Learning platform.
- Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.