Collections Team Manager
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
The Collections team carry out all debt collection procedures with their own unique approach that is defining the collections culture in the peer-to-business market.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Collections Team Leader in London to join a strong and high performing team. The department as a whole is around 30 people and this role will oversee a team of 7.
- Manage a key delinquency collections team and oversee the successful achievement of individual collections executives, departmental and business targets ensuring Investor returns are protected
- Team management including individual performance management, coaching, setting weekly/monthly targets over a broad range of KPI’s from talk time to cash collected and tracking performance against these targets. You will be required to motivate and energise your team to exceed their targets
- Leading the implementation of improvements to the whole Collections process and contributing to the CRL short and long term strategy
- Providing a quality orientated, highly borrower focussed service to all internal and external stakeholders which meets all aspects of the Quality Assurance framework
- Handle and resolve customer complaints, ensuring FC is focused on delivering a first contact resolution on all calls and where necessary handle and resolve escalated issues
- Ensure that all aspects of regulatory compliance and internal Funding Circle processes are adhered to and excellent customer service is consistently achieved
- Experienced in leading a small team and managing performance in some capacity
- A motivated and deadline driven individual with the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining quality of work
- Able to coach, mentor and inspire people from a wide range of backgrounds
- An excellent negotiator with business acumen and commercial awareness
- You know your figures and you are quickly able to analyse and interpret KPI’s
- Competitive and able to nurture a competitive team environment
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.