Payments Operations Analyst
Our Payments Team is crucial to making our platform work smoothly and is the key to fast and effective customer experience. This is an exciting and dynamic role to kick-start your career in operations, where you will have real impact and learn quickly.
Did you know 56,000 UK businesses have financed their growth with a Funding Circle loan? We are the world’s leading marketplace for business loans and our mission is to improve the financial world by helping entrepreneurs achieve their goals.
What will you be doing?
- Processing daily payments in our bespoke systems, both inbound and outbound (e.g. direct debits, bank transfers, internal money movement)
- Identifying non-standard payments and account behaviour and finding short/long term solutions
- Understanding end-to-end flow of money through Funding Circle and the appropriate action for each type of payment (contacting the relevant team, flagging risk and putting the right controls in place)
- Conducting daily checks on processes and performing authorisation of all transactions for virtual and real world money
- Working closely with AML and fraud teams to ensure client funds are protected
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies focusing on FCA and CASS compliance
- Liaising with the Fin-Ops and Collections teams
- Answering internal and external queries regarding payments
- Having input into projects aimed at improving processes and new products
What will you bring to the role?
It is important you are:
- 6-24 months admin experience - experience in insurance, financial services, operations or other high volume administrative roles may suit!
- Experience in payment processing and with client money responsibility is ideal, but not essential
- You will need a numerical & logical mind
- You are committed to providing a great customer experience through process driven approach
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in a fast paced environment
- You enjoy connecting with people and demonstrate interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- You know how to organise your day and week
- Advanced Excel skills
It would be outstanding if you have....
- We are interested in meeting people from a diverse education background - this role would equally suit a recent graduate OR post-apprenticeship OR a couple of years in operations and looking to push your career further
- An interest in FinTech and empowering small businesses
One last note: Payments is part of our Global Operations Team, and not to be confused with finance/payroll etc. So if you are looking for a role that fits with your ACCA studies this is probably not the right fit
So why join us at Funding Circle?
We are a dynamic, innovative FinTech, creating new solutions with the latest tech, data and fantastic service - our people are the core of that success, and we believe in a culture that’s as open and collaborative as it is passionate and ambitious.
- Walk into a team that champions our values; thinking smart, standing together and living the adventure
- Competitive salary package
- Funding Circle shares
- Excellent opportunities for career growth, we will support your goals
- Learn, grow and go further with your annual learning budget & our peer-to-peer learning at FC Academy
- Free barista made coffee & subsidised lunch daily
- Monthly team & company wide socials/team bonding + weekly Friday socials
- Private health insurance which includes 50% discount on Virgin Active + other cool stuff
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays