Head of Group Reporting
Head of Group Reporting
Our mission: to build a better financial world.
Funding Circle helps small businesses around the world get the funding they need.
Funding Circle is one of the best-capitalised lending platforms in the world and listed on the London Stock Exchange in October 2018.
We are looking for people who want to be part of this journey, who question the rule book and bring new ideas.
This role offers a wide range of responsibilities for a technically strong finance professional to work in the group finance function of a fast growing fin-tech listed plc.
The role requires someone who can roll their sleeves up, is inquisitive and enjoys challenging the basis for existing accounting practices and drive process improvement.
As a senior member of the group accounting function you will...
● Own the preparation of the Group’s statutory financial statements and annual report in accordance with IFRS and support overseas and subsidiary team ensuring timely filing and statutory compliance globally
● Own group accounting policies and reporting on key accounting matters to the group audit committee
● Oversee key technical accounting matters including, for example, financial instruments accounting and share scheme valuations
● Research and provide technical support to the group and overseas subsidiaries
● Support key business initiatives from an accounting as well as corporate structuring and funding viewpoint
● Manage the relationship with the external auditors, inspectors and advisors ensuring their queries are resolved and the audit process runs smoothly
● Review the preparation and implementation of controls around the month end reporting process
● Provide a detailed review of the month end financials including supporting the preparation of monthly cash flows
● Assisting the Head of Tax in preparation of tax return analysis for submission to tax authorities and support in planning and transfer pricing matters
You’ve been there and done this:
● Post qualification experience working in a finance function of a listed business (ideally including having a financial services background)
● High standard of technical accounting knowledge (IFRS) with particular strength in IFRS9 and listed company reporting
● Development and improvement of accounting processes and controls
● Logical approach to problem solving with a hands-on and can-do attitude
● Wide ranging financial and management accounting experience; production of management accounting information including: profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flows and narrative and variance analysis
● Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment and proven track record of working under pressure and meeting deadlines
● Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to interact at an executive and non-executive level
● Strong excel skills (e.g. pivot tables and advanced formulae)
● Attention to detail with a strong team ethos
● Ability to work unsupervised, showing initiative in identifying problems and posing solutions
● Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience
● Identifies with our mission, “to build a better financial world”
If this role sounds of interest to you – please apply today.
As an equal opportunities employer we do not discriminate on age, gender, religion, nationality, gender expression, disability or anything else that makes you who you are.