Technology Audit Manager
The Internal Audit team within Funding Circle is considered as a trusted and critical partner by the Business and Audit committee. We have already made a significant impact both within the company and IA profession. For example, our Chief Internal Auditor won the prestigious IIA Inspirational Audit Leader 2023 award and the team is involved in IIA’s technical guidance committees and working groups. We aim to continually innovate and deliver valuable assurance and advisory services across the Group.
To continue building IA’s assurance capabilities and impact, we are looking for a self-motivated Technology Audit Manager who has a strong technology background to help FC scale at pace, safely.
In return we will provide a progressive personal and professional growth environment, with multiple opportunities to take your soft and technical skills to the next level.
Who are we?
Our mission is to build the place where small businesses get the funding they need to win.
We do this by uniting cutting-edge data and technology to deliver an unbeatable customer experience. With a decade of expertise under our belt, we've built a game-changer of a platform that's reshaping the landscape of SME lending. Say goodbye to lengthy applications and hello to lightning-fast decisions! In just minutes, SMEs across the UK can get an instant decision, giving them access to affordable funding in a flash.
99% of businesses are small businesses! And in most cases aren’t given the finance they need to grow. We’re here to change that because the world needs small business.
Want to learn more?
● We have a huge impact on the businesses that borrow through our platform, the communities they serve and the overall economy (last year £6.9bn of GDP generated). You can read our full Impact Report here: https://www.fundingcircle.com/uk/impact
● To see what our customers think, visit our Trustpilot page: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fundingcircle.com
● And we’re still evolving! With over a decade leading the industry with our award winning core loans offering we are now well on our way to solving more SME finance challenges transforming into a multi-product lending platform.
What will you be doing?
Deliver standalone and integrated IA reviews:
● Agree and influence audits and advisory review scope with the Chief Internal Auditor, Head of Technology Audit, FC’s leadership team, including C-Level executives and MDs, and co-source partners.
● Perform detailed analysis to scope out key risks and controls to create design adequacy and operating effectiveness test strategies. Thereafter, execute and document the test outcomes.
● Consolidate and articulate observations to senior stakeholders, prepare impactful reports, and agree follow up audit actions in alignment with FC’s technology and operating environment.
● Follow up on audit actions, ensuring progress and effective closure.
Build IA capabilities:
● Assist Heads of Internal Audit in periodically reviewing audit universe, audit risks, technology risk taxonomies, and assurance maps.
● Contribute and build data led continuous risk assessment and assurance portal to dynamically assess risk movements.
● Ensure the quality of independent assurance activities by adhering to IA team’s methodology and quality requirements.
Engage with stakeholders:
● Build credible and trusted relationships with audit stakeholders across different seniority levels.
● Work with the wider IA team, risk function and co-source partners to ensure we have the capability and capacity to deliver effective, timely and impactful audit opinion and insight.
What we’re looking for
● Proven ability in delivery of audits related to technology platforms, system development lifecycle process and technology operations in cloud environments e.g. IAAS, PAAS and SAAS.
● Identify and advise on controls required for a fast-growing Fintech operating in a DevOps environment, balancing customer outcomes with risk exposures.
● Experience in different test strategies, including Data and Analytics, to test the design and operative effectiveness of controls related to technology change, operations, and IT General and Application controls.
● Ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
● Enthusiastic, passionate and pragmatic in using expertise to help support assurance activities required to deliver on organisational priorities.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
Why join us?
Our Circler proposition is designed to support employees both in and out of work, and it is anchored around four pillars: Health, Wealth, Development & Lifestyle.
We offer hybrid working, with 2-3 days per week based in the office. When you’re in the office you can take advantage of our free barista and subsidised lunches through JustEat and we will help support your home working set-up. We support flexible working arrangements so please speak to our recruitment team if this is something you’d like to learn more about.
A few highlights:
● Health: Private Medical Insurance through Aviva, Dental Insurance through Bupa, MediCash, free access to online therapy sessions via Spill and exclusive discounts with Hertility for reproductive health support.
● Wealth: Octopus Money Coach, free mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
● Development: Learning allowance and full access to internal Learning platform.
● Lifestyle: Gympass, Electric Car Scheme and more!
And finally, we have enhanced all of our parental leave policies - we actually won the AltFi Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022 for our Partner Leave policy. You can read more here: https://www.altfi.com/article/10158_the-altfi-awards-2022-here-are-the-winners
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect addition to the team!
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.